Problems importing from wowbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems importing from wowbb

I am trying to import a wowbb board into vB.

All seem to go well until the import of Forums. Even when number to process at a page is set to 1, it will first import a bunch of Categories, then it will loop on the next page "Importing 1 forums". No matter how i long i keep this running, it just loops the same page all over with the first forumid.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Ok have been looking into it and it seems there is a small bug in the wowbb/005.php.

Find:
    PHP Code:
        $sessionobject->set_session_var($class_num'FINISHED');

$sessionobject->set_session_var('forums''done');

$sessionobject->set_session_var('module''000');

$sessionobject->set_session_var('autosubmit''0');
       }

$sessionobject->set_session_var('forumsstartat',$forum_start_at+$forum_per_page);
      }

$displayobject->update_html($displayobject->print_redirect('index.php'));
     }
    // End resume
    }//End Class 
    And replace by:
    PHP Code:
        $sessionobject->set_session_var($class_num'FINISHED');

$sessionobject->set_session_var('forums''done');

$sessionobject->set_session_var('module''000');

$sessionobject->set_session_var('autosubmit''0');

$displayobject->update_html($displayobject->print_redirect('index.php','1'));
       }

$sessionobject->set_session_var('forumstartat',$forum_start_at+$forum_per_page);

}

}
    // End resume
    }//End Class 
    Redirects where not complete AFAIK and it should have been "set_session_var('forumstartat'" instead of "set_session_var('forumsstartat'".

Also i noticed that there are some references to phpbb2 in this script.
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Getting error messages on Polls:
      Code:
      [b]Importing 1 polls[/b]

[b]From[/b] : 7 :: [b]To[/b] : 8

Got poll and [b]DID NOT[/b] attach voters
      Problem with poll on thread 5085
      PS Even with errors it will just return to the index page after completion, so difficult to see the errors.

Comment

ok next "problem".

When importing the attachments there seems to be a corrupted attachment in the source wowbb database. Everything is valid, but size of the attachment is zero (0).

Strange thing now is that the size is determined correct and stored with "$try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'filesize'," correctly. When hte value is used lateron it is however not returning zero, but NULL/Empty. This will cause an SQL-error:
        Code:
        Database error in vBulletin:ImpEx Target 3.0.7:
        Invalid SQL: 
        	   UPDATE attachment
        	   SET
        	   filedata = '',
        	   filesize = 
        	   WHERE attachmentid = 607

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE attachmentid = 607' at line 5
        mysql error number: 1064
        Date: Saturday 07th of May 2005 02:47:00 PM
        Script: [url="http://localhost/sataid/impex/index.php"]http://localhost/sataid/impex/index.php[/url]
        Referer: [url="http://localhost/sataid/admincp/"]http://localhost/sataid/admincp/[/url]
        Username: Admin
        IP Address: 127.0.0.1
        Solved it for now by adding an intval() around the filesize value in the UPDATE queries.

Comment

Jerry just a shameless bump, now i see you're online.

My first local test completed with the modifications mentioned above, but i would like to do the next production test with stock version of ImpEx.

Any chance you have some time shortly to fix this in the downloadable version?

If not also no problem, then we will just continue with a local copy.

Comment

I'll look at it now.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

If you need testdata just let me know.

Comment

No idea how forumsstartat was wrong as the imports are build with a CASE tool from templates, though something must of happened.

Can't find any phpBB cut'n'paste or residue in my copy of 005.php

Have added invals to ImpExDatabase for the filesizing to force a 0 on null size.

I'd need a copy of the source database to debug the polls issue.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks for looking into it so quickly.

Will upload a backup of wowbb to my server, so you can download. Will PM you when upload is finished.

Downloaded on 18-04 a version of 005.php dated 2005/03/03 02:10:44. It contained the following code:
                  Code:
                  	 else
                  	 {
                  	  $sessionobject->add_error('warning',
                  			 $this->_modulestring,
                  			 get_class($this) . "::import_category failed for " . $cat['cat_title'] . " get_phpbb2_categories_details was ok.",
                  			 'Check database permissions and user table');
                  	  $sessionobject->set_session_var($class_num . '_objects_failed',$sessionobject->get_session_var($class_num. '_objects_failed') + 1 );
                  	  $displayobject->display_now("<br />Got category " . $cat['cat_title'] . " and <b>DID NOT</b> imported to the " . $target_database_type . " database");
                  	 }
                  But if it is already gone in your copy.

Not sure if intval's would be the best solution. Was wondering myself why NULL is returned when retrieving a value that was stored as 0? If the 0 would be retrieved you wouldn't have to block the symptoms by adding intval's.

Sorry rumbling on waiting for the upload to finish.

Comment

The Polls are imported, the errors are that the voters are not, in the test data I have there are not voter values in the dB or options for that matter so I can't guess what that would be.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ok, not much you can do if there is no input data. Thanks for looking into it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X