phpBB2VB import problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB2VB import problem

My phpBB forum is full of hacks (this is phpBBplus ver.1.3.) and I have a problem with importing announcements and global announcements - nothing is imported (or may be it is imported but where?).

Any ideas how can I take them ?

announcements are not imported by default.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

By default no - so any soultion for that ?

Comment

Where are they stored in phpBB I've had a look at some default databases and can't see them. They maybe threads
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

They're stored at phpbb_posts table. As I can see Announcement has TYPE=2 and Global TYPE=3 (sticky=1 normal=0). BUt that was a modification made on my forum (hack) so may be under 00x.php importfile it is possible to add something like import sticky and normal posts ?

Comment

Ok, well in vBulletin they are stored in the announcement table.

You would have to select out the ones you want then save them back as announcments in vBulletin, ImpEx core dosn't currently have a save_announcement() as I've not come across a source board that has it by standard.

How many do you have a few or 100's ?
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Not 100 ...
              At first: my mistake - it is stored in phpbb_topics table [topic_type].

I have 36 announcements and only one global So global could be copied manually (forum rules) but about the rest ?

EDIT: I think a good idea is to print MYSQL query from DB and make these threads as a sticky. And next make them as Announcements in VB but I must know how can I do that quickly - not to edit thread by thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X