Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impex associate users- does it deleta admin on if re run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impex associate users- does it deleta admin on if re run?

If one of the imported userids is the same as the key admin id in vBulletin (ie me!)

Q1) Can one associate it at import using: firstly the associate via function or associate using e mail address

Q2) Alternatively can one merge the 2 users import

Assuming yes for the above, if one runs impex again does it try to delete the core user from vBulletin?

1. Yes, associating users is a standard option in the import process.

2. Admin CP -> Users -> Merge Users
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Only assosiate an admin user after an import is completed.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
        if one runs impex again [after mergin an imported userid with the vBulletin admin] does it try to delete the core user from vBulletin?
        Thanks ....and this question any chance of a yes or no answer 'cos its kinda important!

ta

Comment

Originally posted by NickGood
          Thanks ....and this question any chance of a yes or no answer 'cos its kinda important!

ta
          Yes.

Originally posted by myself
          WarningWarningWarning

If you have associated or merged users, the original vBulletin users will now have a importuserid, re-running the import user module will delete these users, if you don't have any associated users this isn't an issue.

This is why we make backups of databases

WarningWarningWarning
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            2. Admin CP -> Users -> Merge Users
            after running impex I set up a dummy user on vBulletin and tried to merge it with my Id to prove the concept. vBulletin didnt allow this.

How then can I associate my Imported userid which vBulliten has prefixed with Imported_ with my identical save for this prefix id Admin Id set up in vBulletin at the install?

Do I have to purge all users, all posts and threads and re run impex and do the association at time of import?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X