WowBB Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WowBB Issue

My old board was the latest version of WowBB. One of the issues I had with it, is that the backup module wouldn't work, and so I backed the database up using the manager in my webhosts control panel (I'm hoping thats enough to restore it). I now have a new webhost, with a clean vBulletin installed. Is there anyway using impex or similar to get the posts back from the database backup I made? Impex appears to want to convert from an already setup database.

Yes. In the Impex config file is a section that asks if the source exists or not. You should be able to point the script to the SQL file, I believe. If it's available, I found it quite simple to create a new db or WowBB, and dump the data into it...and use that.

Comment

Hmmm, more problems. I now get this error from VB: Connection to source server failed. Check username and password. Which I've done, and I've set up a new user just to make sure.

This is my config file:
      sourceexists = TRUE

; mysql OR mssql
      sourcedatabasetype = mysql
      sourceserver = 70.85.52.36
      sourceuser = "rendezn_wowbb"
      sourcepassword = "******"
      sourcedatabase = "rendezn_wowbb"
      sourcetableprefix =

Is there anything immediately wrong with this?!
      As I have the old database as a file, can I import this without importing it into a new database? My new hosting company only allows on db at a time (which VB is now using).

Comment

; If the source data is NOT stored in a database, set 'sourceexists' to FALSE

Your data is in a text file, no?
        You need to place it in an accessible folder on the same server as VB, and point the script to it.

Comment

Nope, if you want to import from mysql you will need to restore it first.

Comment

Im having the same problem... but im not understanding some of the asnswers given here
            Ok, So, i have a single sql file of about 10meg, as a backup from my old forum.
            now when i put "sourceexists = TRUE" then i get told "connection failed check user/pass"
            If its false, i dont get the error till i try to associate users...

then i get..

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in \impex\db_mysql.php on line 248

do i have to change the "Source exists" to True after i "check/update database"?

OR do i put the backup INTO a new blank wowbb, and import directly?
            the more i think about all this the more confusing it gets
            Thanks in advance Matow!

Comment

You will need to backup and restore the wowbb database to the same server you are running vB. The only reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet orssh. Please see the instructions here:

Backup:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/maintenance_ssh_backup

Restore:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/maintenance_ssh_restore
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X