Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• najrsh0c
    replied
    NW We R talking. I really appreciate your help. I shall tell you when i finish.

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    Yep. Install vbulletin fresh, and then upload the impex files to your vbulletin directory, ensuring you edit the config.php file to suit your database. (Rename the file from config.php.new to config.php)

Once that's done and everything's uploaded it will place a new menu in the admincp.

Simply run this menu, and follow the prompts and all will be sweet.

Leave a comment:

• najrsh0c
    replied
    Greeting Dilly,

I really appreciate your help. What you are saying is this

changing the config file and running from admincp
    It seems i'm missing something here. Dose that mean i have setup VB3 as frish installation on my server then upload those files (Impox) to the VB Main folder afterward i edite the configuration file then go to ADMINCP and do the import from there? Please advice.

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    I'm not 100% but -
    Leave your current board running, Impex will not alter it's database in any way - only read it's required data out of it. Follow the how to to install and run impex - its as simple as uploading the files, changing the config file and running from admincp. It's all spelled out in the manual. When your done, follow the end game section to the t. Every step must be followed or your forum will not function correctly. Once this is done run some tests to ensure vbulletin is running properly, and then you can remove the old forum.

Make sure you backup your old forum even after you move to VB, just in case something goes wrong.

Leave a comment:

• najrsh0c
    replied
    Many thanks,

How about the documentations? Step by Step installation. Then when done with the utility what is next?

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Leave a comment:

• najrsh0c
    started a topic From phpBB 2.0.8 to VB 3.0.7

From phpBB 2.0.8 to VB 3.0.7

Gents,

I know this sound a repeated question, however, i searched in the fourms and did not under stand. I have a 2.0.8 phpBB and i want to move it to VB3.0.7. I'm reading about the importer utilty however, i need FULL guidlines from A-Z.

I need to know the following,

1. What do i need to download from here (scripts, files and documentations)
    2. What shuld i do with my running board.
    3. what it to be run first.

I really apprecaite your usual support and cooperation.

Best regards!
    SHN