Everything worked great until

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything worked great until

I tried to convert. It was humming along with no errors then all of a sudden mysql died needed to be restarted and now cant even login to the board as a member or admin. I keep getting this email

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.7:

Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM strikes WHERE striketime < 1112896067
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'strikes.MYD'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016

Thats just one of the 20 emails I got with errors. Should I just remove VB and reinstall into a new db. the phpbb board is still working ok after the sql restart.

Easiest is to just dump the vbulletin database and get it set back up. Did the php script time out on you?

Might want to lower the amount being imported per refresh.

Comment

Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

REPAIR TABLE strikes;
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I think Im going to start from scratch with a new db. I would hate to lose 6 years worth of mesgs. Im not to great on php and sql. I was proud of myself getting the board to work and I read every post here about importing before I dared to try it.

Comment

All you need to do is go into phpmyadmin and run the query above.

If you need help with this please open a ticket up in the members area.

Comment

Zachery I did that and it worked I was able to login but now if I try to make a post I get this error

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.7:
            Invalid SQL:
            INSERT INTO post
            (threadid, parentid, title, username, userid, dateline, pagetext, allowsmilie,
            showsignature, ipaddress, iconid, visible, attach)
            VALUES
            (1, 1, '',
            'Penny', 1, 1112920766,
            'test', 1, 1,
            '69.164.109.36', 0, 1, 0)

mysql error: Duplicate entry '17890' for key 1
            mysql error number: 1062

Any other quick fix

Comment

Ok I did a repair post in myphp and it worked

I then imported everything and the members show up as imported_ben for example. How would I fix that? ANd I dont see any of the post or threads that were imported

Any ideas

Comment

Have you read over the howto ? http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Comment

500 times I tried moving members to registered and it worked. but imported_members remains three times. I maybe over my head I think

Comment

newest dilema I cant login to board or admin it seems the board dosnt know me now Says wrong username and password

Comment

got back in a re did conversion still working I will get it if it kills me

Comment

Not sure where you are at now, but for the imported groups:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398
                        Thirdly, most importers will import the usergroups or create a default import usergroup, this is so you can check the users being imported and manage them accordingly, to move users to the default "Register" group in vBulletin, delete the import group they are in.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have my member list showing correctly now.. I dont see any of the imported post on the new board but they are in the db Im tryingto figure out how to get them to show Also I dont see the boards that were on the phpbb board

Comment

ok I got the forums and the post to show but stupid things like page views and post counts dont seem to work

Comment

I think I did it. Only thing I need to do now is set permissions for my moderators

Comment

Working...
                              X