Stops Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stops Working?

I was trying to import from a phpBB2 database, and all seemed to be going well when I went to import the users.

Every time it got to a particular user, it was almost as though it quit doing anything. The page would be "done" being loaded/displayed, and the page would never redirect.

I made the mistake of using the back button and trying to clean up the database and retry, only to end up with a few attempted duplicate keys, so I've deleted everything and decided to start again. Is there anything with users that would cause impex to quit after one? Am I just not being patient enough? I mean, I know it takes some time, but after it says "Done" and just sits there, that leads me to think something's wrong.

Thanks in advance.

How many users ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

About 545 altogether. I had it set on the default 500 users per cycle at first, then tried fewer, and still had the same issue.

Comment

After a user import it has to rebuild the users stats. though for that many users it would take a few seconds.

So the normal page redirect works, its just the final one ?

What happens is you do 750 users per page, i.e. all of them ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
          After a user import it has to rebuild the users stats. though for that many users it would take a few seconds.

So the normal page redirect works, its just the final one ?

What happens is you do 750 users per page, i.e. all of them ?
          I never went low enough to see if the normal redirect works. When I tried to go higher to all the users before (545), the page still stopped after it converted a particular user and never continued.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsi Man
            I never went low enough to see if the normal redirect works. When I tried to go higher to all the users before (545), the page still stopped after it converted a particular user and never continued.
            Well try lower, what browser are you using ? it might be a javascript error, though i've not come across that before.

Try doing them all in one page, then wait say 10 seconds and click the Import / Export link on the left, just trying to diagnose.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Internet Explorer is the browser I'm using, and I'll try all those other suggestions as soon as I can and respond with any progress.

Comment

It seems like I've gotten around that, and now everything looks to be set up except for one thing.

No imported users are showing up in the member list. Is there some tool under Import & Maintenance or something that I can run?

Edit: Figured that one out. I hadn't yet gotten rid of the Imported Users usergroup.
                Last edited by Pepsi Man; Sat 2 Apr '05, 3:54pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X