Check usernames and passwords for errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check usernames and passwords for errors

I am preparing to import a lot of accounts into my vbulletin forumm and want to make sure it's done correct where nothing becomes damaged or corrupt.

Question:

How can I check a list of Usernames and passwords for errors and requirements before attempting to import all of the accounts into vbulletin. Is this possible to do without manually going through all 17K of them?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by mprjr41510; Fri 25 Mar '05, 3:49pm.

There is no way to do this that I am aware of. What 'errors' are you looking for?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Steve.

I would like to make sure all the data is valid as far as vbulletin requirements go before doing the import, so I'd like to detect any errors such as bad characters, extra spaces, extra long usernames or passwords, etc. I hope that helps explain better.

...and while I have you here, I'd like to ask you about another concern. I figured out a way using MS Excel to locate the duplicate email addresses and usernames before I do the import so I do not add the users who signed up to my forum previously, but there may be a few that get passed me. So there is a possibility that a few accounts may have the same usernames when the import is completed. Do you see that being a major problem that will cause damage or corruption? (I was planning to correct those few accounts after the import if it's okay)
      Last edited by mprjr41510; Fri 25 Mar '05, 4:19pm.

Comment

I don't know if the impport script hanldes these issues or not. I suspect so, but Jerry will need to confirm this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Does vbulletin.com offer an importing service?

Comment

We do not have an import service available at this time, but we are available for help and support if you need it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X