Eve importer failing!!!!! OUCH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eve importer failing!!!!! OUCH!

We were planning on going live this week with Vbulletin and completing our migration from EVE but it looks like the new EVE upgrade screwed us into the ground. Just one more good reason to appreciate all the "features" Infopop constantly shoved down my throat.

Is there an EVE importer for the latest EVE database? With EVE, only the latest will do since they don't give EVE users a choice about whether to "upgrade" or not.

HELP!

Robert Williams
    [email protected]

We can't help you out much if we don't know what isn't working for you.
    What error are you getting?

Comment

I'll get some details for you, then. THANKS!

My co-worker went through 3-1/2 hours of database exporting from our EVE platform last night and found that about half the data won't import and he suspeects it is due to their new database structure. I'll have him fill in the details on this. It would be great to be able to make a clean move!

Comment

Did he run update counters after the import to rebuild the totals? If so, what exactly did he say wasn't being imported?

Comment

I posted on the status thread by eve about the new version.

Is it 4.03 ? I'm guessing it is if you got the database last night, eve has just been changed and I found out 2 days ago and am currently working on the new importer, 4.02 was tested a few days ago and was fine.

I would concentrate on getting all your attachments ftp'ed off if you can.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

This is rwilliams's co-worker.

Jerry,

I believe we're talking about the same upgrade. I have a question, though. Why has it been referred to version 4.0.3 on this board? The Eve platform is actually version 1.2 so I'm not sure where 4.0.3 fits in. Is that the version of the UBB.x module that's attached to Eve?

Is there any time table on the new importer, weeks, months? Any info would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by rwilliams
              This is rwilliams's co-worker.

Jerry,

I believe we're talking about the same upgrade. I have a question, though. Why has it been referred to version 4.0.3 on this board? The Eve platform is actually version 1.2 so I'm not sure where 4.0.3 fits in. Is that the version of the UBB.x module that's attached to Eve?
              Yes, Eve is 1.2 though refered to here as 4.0.3 because of the forum version, when I release the latest EVE importer I'll explain in the status thread.

Is there any time table on the new importer, weeks, months? Any info would be great.
              Hours, I'm working on it now. As soon as I locate where the userid is linked to posts I'll be done, the latest was quite a change to the dB. If you have a copy of yours can you confirm there are 2 threads table ? IP_TOPICS and IP_T_TOPICS.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yes, there are 2 thread tables. IP_TOPICS is the old one I believe. Looking through the table and sorting by the TOPIC_DATETIME_POSTED the most recent date was a days before we were upgraded.

Comment

Mind telling me where the user ids are linked to the posts when you find out? When we were upgraded some posts were not showing up so I had to dig through the DB to find an example for Infopop. I looked through the new tables and I just couldn't see which other table(s) contained the MESSAGE_OID that's in IP_T_MESSAGE.

BTW, the whole EVE DB is copied over to our DB on here if you want to check it out and test with it.
                  Last edited by rwilliams; Tue 8 Mar '05, 10:11am.

Comment

One other question. Are you going to have the Private Topics forum moved over as well? Before that forum was stored with all the other forums, but its stored separately now.

Comment

One other question. Are you going to have the Private Topics forum moved over as well? Before that forum was stored with all the other forums, but its stored separately now.
                      Private Topics being private threads and posts etc, or the private messaging system as that is stored as a forum too. PM's are sorted dosn't look like they have changed, private forums&threads, I'll have to look at if that is the case.

Mind telling me where the user ids are linked to the posts when you find out?
                      I'm starting to think this isn't a full database dump, either that or I've been looking at it too long, with out the userid->post, they are all going to come in a guest posts.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hmmm ok found it now.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Any updage on the importer? Is it ready?

Comment

Just updating the download now, will post again when done.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Tis done and out.
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X