Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 import questions

Hi,

I am running the phpbb2 import script (the members area one) for the newest version of vbulletin.

The users and forum topics imported fine so did the posts (they are in the table) but they do not display.

Any ideas on why?

Also - can I import our members database of 400,000 right into the users table without any problems or will the table get too big?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Please read the Importing HOWTO thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Take special note of The End Game section. Following these steps should solve those issues.

Also I don't understand the second question since you said you already imported the users.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The users I imported are from phpBB (our old forum).

We also have our own membership database of 400,000 registered users.

I can make a script that select our main site login, pass, name, etc and then insert into the users table with vbulletin without any problems (hopefully) ? Is 400,000 too many?

Comment

It's not quite that simple. Your custom script would have to update three tables:

user
        userfield
        usertextfield

As to whther or not this will be a problem, that depends on the power and configuration of your server.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X