Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Marg some post from other databse

Hello every one

i have old databse it have a Music area .. about 5000 post . b4 i come to the vb i was in the phpBB adn we have the bbcode that use the music link to display them in the post.. so after we convert to vb .. all the post havebroekn and none of the music is work .. so our admin have deleted this forums..

know i'am thinking to retern it back ..

i still have the databse..

so how can i marge it innto the forums i alreadyhave ?

any idea about this .

thankyou

If it was linked to the postid, that is now the importpostid.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

is the import in the member area can do this ?

becz i still dont no .. the only think i know is to convert from other board to vb.. but i need to convert the same databse from vb3 databse to vb3 databse so can the convert in the member area do this ?

thankyou

Comment

I'm sorry I can't understand what you mean, can you post an example of what you are asking ?

Is it a specail bbcode that links to an external file or the postid ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ok let me make it easy

I have Other vb3 Databse i need to Marge it into anther vb3 i need to take all post topic and put them in the first databse without deleted or anything ijust need to take some post from the sec databse

i dont no how to do this ..

i hope that u understand me ..
          Thankyou very much

Comment

I have the same problem >> As far As I know you should know first the size of your database so you can decide which software to use in this case ..

1. less than 50 mgs go for phpmyadmin ..this software should be included in your control panel in your host server fassilitiy..you will find it at your cp there under advance option "MySql"

2. If it is larger go for telnet and soforth

I brefer as I am myself facing the same problem thinking of uploading these two dbs separetely in my server and rename it and make my practice there ...when i know exactelly how to do it ...i go and do it live to the real db...dont do any thing to the database unless you are sure 100% that it is coorrect...try export posts from the new to the old "the renamed" and see how it goes with you ...using phpMyAdmin is simple and straight forword but needs experienced pepole to help .. since the core of you forum is this db.
            good luck

Comment

I have already work and make the sec databse work in other board vb3 but know what i need to do is . to take the post from it .. and put it in the firstone

when i go to importer i dont see any place i can take the post from the sec one.. any idea about this ..

thankyou

Comment

Use the vB3 importer to import the whole source board into the target one, then once all the data is in, use the normal admin/mod tools in the board to move the threads about to where you want them.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                  Use the vB3 importer to import the whole source board into the target one, then once all the data is in, use the normal admin/mod tools in the board to move the threads about to where you want them.

Ok i'am starting know to marging the first i was testing is to the Ranks just becz i need to make sure nathing is going to be deleted or anything

Import User Groups and Ranks

i get this erro

Importing 1 users groups

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /impex/systems/vb3/003.php on line 111

Importing 1 ranks

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /impex/systems/vb3/003.php on line 185

---------------------------------------------------------

so i was think becz i dont really have Ranks so i go to try to import the post and i get the same errror nathing happen.. ?

can u tell me please i dont need to make any error .. or delete one post from my board

Thankyou L(

Comment

hello

I try to check if i did something wrong databse or something ut i see everything is same..

i get this error when i try to Import the forum

Importing 1 forums

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /impex/systems/vb3/007.php on line 109

i dont no what happen really if there is anything wrong

Comment

What hacks are you running ?
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                        What hacks are you running ?
                        sorry i dont understand u ..

do u mean what hack /MOD i have installing in my board from vb.org ?

Comment

Please Ignore the first problem it was about the password..

Ok know i fix everythign ijust need to be sure

ok say that i have Post with the ID 1000 with the old databse.. and i have post 1000 with the new databnse the one i need to bring it .. so how can i marge it .. it is going to delete the old one .. or maring itno it .. or what will happen

or it is going to change the id auto

I just need into .. about this i dont need to lose any post.. or anything

thankyou very much

Comment

ok here i got this error

Ok let me tell u what i do ..

i install anther board with the new databse.. i start converting the old board .. to the new one the one i just know install..

i take all the post everything but when i come tot he poll

it give me this msg and nathing converter

Last pass took : 0 seconds

Poll and DID imported to the mysql database but isn't assigned to the thread

Ok the Reson i installt he newboard with the clean databse i just need to be sure i will not lose anything so the old databse will be still if everything is okay then i will use the new one.

Thankyou

Comment

So none of the polls are importing ?
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X