Originally posted by Jerry
    DiscusWare (file based) 4.00.x
    Imports from : File based only

Currently imports :

Usersgroups

name & title

User

Minimum of profile

(usergroup, username, email,joindate, homepage, signature, Occupation, Location, Interests)

Forums

Basic title and description information, with layout.

Threads

All are currently imported as visible and open.

All are currently imported as visable.

Development :

None.
    I just purchased vBulletin so I could run an import from Discus 4.00.7 and my first trial run of the import seemed to go okay until one of my users from the Discus system attempted to log in. It seems their password would not work. I re-ran the conversion after doing an export of the users and passwords in the Discus Database Manager (SQL to flat file) hoping that would help, but it didn't.

Is this normal? I don't see "Passwords" listed in the list of imported profile fields, so I'm assuming this is normal.

If this is the case, does this mean when I do my final import and go live I need to tell all my members to use the forgotten password utility to reset their password?

One other thing, does the importer have trouble with Discus Sub-Forums? My discus board had many, and all were goofed up in import. I can always move the sub-forums out to the main forum folder, and I guess that will fix the problem, but it's a bunch of work I'd rather not do if I didn't have to.

Yes, the passwords aren't imported, you can use vBulletin to send out a mass email to all your users with the link to your boards password request i.e. :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

As for the sub forums, I've not had a test board yet that has them, so I've not been able to extend the importer to deal with them. As its all HTML its some what tricky.

Though if you can give me a copy of your site, I'll have a look at it, contact [email protected] if you want to go ahead with that.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

password email troubles

To repeat what has already been said, after the impex import all of the old users have to reset their passwords via the link provided.

However, many people are not receiving any password reset email after requesting one. vBulletin says a password was sent, yet none was received. I was wondering what could cause this, and how it can be corrected. Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X