X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ptmuldoon
    replied
    Works

Well, when I posted this morning, it appears I was more tired than that I thought. I was actually referring to the MDPro CMS, not an MKPro CMS.

Anyway, when I looked at my MDPro database, the BB is basically like that of the pnphpbb for postnuke. Thus, I setup the impex config file to look for an tableprefix of md_

Then after running the import, it looks like everything worked just fine (at least locally anyway). I've got all my forums, users, and posts across nicely.

Still looking at portals, but am leaning towards subdreamer.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I don't know of anyone doing that, though I know of quite a few people who have used the phpBB importer for phpnuke and variations etc.

Leave a comment:

• ptmuldoon
    started a topic Import from MKPro

Import from MKPro

I'm preparing to move away from the MKPro CMS to vbulletin (and likely subdreamer). I've had my MKPro site down for months, but have the db backed up. I believe the MkPro cms used a fork of phpbb, but don't really remember.

Has anyone ported a phpbb forum from a portal like MkPro, postnuke, phpnuke, etc into vbulletin? I've only just purchased vb, and am doing only local testing thus far. I figure I'm going to at least try to restore my old MKPro db locally, an see what happens. But figure I'll have some problems, thus the post trying to see what will happen, and if anyone's done this before.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X