• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay started the import

And this so far aint working for me.
    first off importing from ipb 1.3 to vb 3.06

So what would be the first step i would want to do
    i am starting from a brand new database and forum for vb. so Should i make my admin the same as the ipb forum ?

now i already tried it twice to import and got a error both times.

like the first step went through importing groups went through when i went to import the users i just got a basic page that said do i want to refresh or quit i think. and thats where it stopped

okay i got the import to work the only thing now i cant gigure out so far. Is How can you regenerate the member list. all the posts topics and users converted but when you look at the members list nothing was updated there

Comment

As per the Online Manual and Import How-To thread, you need to update the counters after importing.

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yeah i did that and that wasnt the problem it had to do with user groups. i had to set all the permissions within the user groups that were imported

Comment

Originally posted by Strictn9ne
          yeah i did that and that wasnt the problem it had to do with user groups. i had to set all the permissions within the user groups that were imported
          That is covered in the HOWTO, either update the usergroup or move the users to the registered group.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X