Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett James
    replied
    It's the Path To users.txt that's the problem. I was using path from root of website. When I changed it to... path from root of server, NOT OK became OK.

Moving on...

Leave a comment:

• Brett James
    replied
    I've prepped a clean users.txt file of (username,email,password) i.e.

Jerry,[email protected],jerry_password
    Steve,[email protected],steve_password

etc.

I upload it ASCII into (path to vBsystem)/impex/systems/txt_file/ folder - and I run ImpEx, Module 001, but every time I get this NOT OK warning:

---

Altering tables

ImpEx will now Alter the tables in the vB database to include import id numbers.

If you have large tables (i.e. lots of posts) this can take some time.

They will also be left after the import if you need to link back to the origional vB userid.

moderator - importmoderatorid OK
    usergroup - importusergroupid OK
    ranks - importrankid OK
    poll - importpollid OK
    forum - importforumid OK
    forum - importcategoryid OK
    user - importuserid OK
    style - importstyleid OK
    thread - importthreadid OK
    post - importthreadid OK
    thread - importforumid OK
    smilie - importsmilieid OK
    pmtext - importpmid OK
    customavatar - importcustomavatarid OK
    customprofilepic - importcustomprofilepicid OK
    post - importpostid OK
    attachment - importattachmentid OK
    pm - importpmid OK
    users.txt - NOT OK

---

What's not okay? The file structure? The path to the file? If I DO attempt to run Module 002 anyway and forget about the warning, after I designate field1 = username, field2 = email, field3 = password then click <Continue>, an error shows on the screen, but only for a micro-split second before the error is covered over by the modules screen. I BELIEVE the error message is something like...

---

"... invalid argument supplied for foreach()"

---

Last edited by Brett James; Fri 28 Jan '05, 3:28am.

Leave a comment:

• Brett James
    replied
    I 'really' like that idea: 'fix' a number in the list alongside the importers, so we have an absolute reference for discussion. And the Text File Importer link? Nice touch if that link would go to a vB.com/subpage w/ help importing txt files, maybe with a few examples, etc. In a perfect world. Thanks, Jerry - and Steve.
    Last edited by Brett James; Thu 27 Jan '05, 5:47am.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    There isn't any specific sorting on the folders, is as the OS returns the dir listing.

I might stick a numbering sort in so people can refer to a system by number opposed to a name.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It's #42 on the Impex files I downloaded last night.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    # 33. on his screenshot.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    It is displayed as : Text file importer 0.0

Isn't that showing up for you ?

Leave a comment:

• Brett James
    replied
    I've literally deleted and freshly uploaded both my local and remote server /impex folders - two or three times - being sure I've got latest copy of ImpEx (vB3 Importer) from the Members section. Still, I get no CSV Importer. I figured CSV Importer was in an OLDER ImpEx, but Steve... you get CSV Importer with a fresh ImpEx install? I'll drop Jerry a message and see if he knows why I can't get the CSV Importer showing in my list of importers. I'm looking to import about 150 usernames and passwords only. I'm spending alot of clock time gettin' nowhere fast!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes, something went wrong. Most likely you did not overwrite the existing Impex files when you uploaded the new ones.

Leave a comment:

• Brett James
    replied
    Did my ImpEx install go wrong? I'll try again. I remove impex from my vB system directory, then AdminCP > Import & Maintenace : Import/Export is gone. Good. I download vB3 Importers from Members again, and reinstall to my server, under my vB /forums directory, a directory named /impex.

BTW: impex.readme.txt file reports this version:
    Code:

/**
    * A read me
    * @package ImpEx
    * @version $Revision: 1.55 $
    * @author Jerry Hutchings <[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]>
    * @date $Date: 2005/01/06 23:33:50 $
    */
    Back in AdminCP > Import & Maintenance and Import/Export is back. Great! I open to find no CSV Flat File Importer anywhere in the list, and #42 is absolutely "XMB Forum". (see attach). Why are we seeing different screens, using the same rev. ImpEx?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I just downloaded the latest Impex, installed it, and the text file importer is definitely listed as #42.

Leave a comment:

• Brett James
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    I haven't used this myself, but i assume that is what the Flat file user (CSV style) importer does.
    I installed the most recent ImpEx, but I find that Flat File User (CSV style) is not in the list. Other vB posts note the CSV importer at #42, which is XMB Forum for me. Is there an older ImpEx out there that would do the job?

Leave a comment:

• Brett James
    replied
    I downloaded the ImpEx source from the Members Area (Appendix 5 of the manual); I'll prep a CSV and give it a try. Thanks for the pointers, Steve.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I haven't used this myself, but i assume that is what the Flat file user (CSV style) importer does.

Leave a comment:

• Brett James
    started a topic Batch Member Import (Auto Registration)

Batch Member Import (Auto Registration)

I'm setting up a brand new vBulletin 3.0.6 installation (my first vB). In a small corporate environment, this vB installation will be for internal use only. I'm looking to pre-register my network users, using their existing network usernames (which would then be their vB member names). I can create a web form to capture network usernames/passwords from users, saving into a file. Could I then use this file (.TXT, .CSV, etc.) to batch/import, basically auto-registering new members? TIA.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X