PMs there, but not visible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMs there, but not visible?

Entire import went great, all data is moved. One caveat, No one can read their old PMs. They all see the in the count "Private Messages: 1 Unread, Total 15" but the messages are not showing up in the persons Inbox. New messages generated are working fine, but they can't 'get to' the imported ones. Any ideas on how I can fix this?
    Call no man happy until he is dead - Voltaire

Not offhand. Have you checked the database to see if the PMs show up there?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just looked in the DB. The PM and PM text is there.

Comment

Not sure how to fix this. I assume you updated all the counters? If so, then the only other suggestion I have is to start fresh again by reinstalling vB and redoing the import.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, I'd really like to avoid doing that. Would you mind decoding the touserarray field for me? I think I can manually make some queries and get these rolling if I had a little more info.

from pm table
          Code:
          pmtextid= 1, fromuserid= 245, fromusername= r4TTpHinK, title= Brian..., message= Hey, can you end my session as RATTFINK...don't kn..., touserarray= a:1:{i:251;s:10:"wintermute";}, iconid= 4, dateline= 1093311361, showsignature= 0, allowsmilie= 1, importpmid= 1
          The corresponding info from the pm table is as follows:
          Code:
          pmid= 1, pmtextid= 1, userid= 245, folderid= -1, messageread= 1, importpmid= 1
          So, since I'm user #1; username wintermute, why can't I see this message in my inbox? Like I said, if you can decode this, I might be able to put in a fix. It's like the messages aren't actually in the folder they should be or some such.

Comment

I wouldn't mind at all if I knew how to do that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              I wouldn't mind at all if I knew how to do that.
              BAHAHAHA!

OK, think a coder will stroll by this thread?

Comment

So, umm, that's it? No one's gonna give a clue on how
                Code:
                touserarray= a:1:{i:251;s:10:"wintermute";}
                relates to the corresponding PM table entry?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X