True or False Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True or False Problem?

Here's the scenario. I am moving my board from one server to another server. I had not run the 3.0.5 update on the current board which is running 3.0.1.

I installed the full 3.0.5 version on the new server and I am trying to use the importer to import the current database into the new database. But here is my problem, if I use the False statement it seeems to connect but then I get this.

Altering tables

ImpEx will now Alter the tables in the vB database to include import id numbers.

This is needed during the import process for maintaining refrences between the tables during an import.If you have large tables (i.e. lots of posts) this can take some time.

They will also be left after the import if you need to link back to the origional vB userid.

- importmoderatorid OK
    usergroup - importusergroupid OK
    ranks - importrankid OK
    poll - importpollid OK
    forum - importforumid OK
    forum - importcategoryid OK
    user - importuserid OK
    style - importstyleid OK
    thread - importthreadid OK
    post - importthreadid OK
    thread - importforumid OK
    smilie - importsmilieid OK
    pmtext - importpmid OK
    customavatar - importcustomavatarid OK
    customprofilepic - importcustomprofilepicid OK
    post - importpostid OK
    attachment - importattachmentid OK
    pm - importpmid OK

Please set 'sourceexists = true' in ImpExConfig.php

But if I change it to TRUE, I get this,

Connection to source server failed. Check username and password.

And that is as far as I can get. I have been trying different sourcedata paths to get to the MySQL server but it seems to only be connecting when it has False in it.

Is this a problem getting to the data or because there is a difference in the version going from 3.0.1 to 3.0.5? Or could it be something all together different that I am missing?

Thanks

You do need this set to TRUE and this error is because the source db info in your ImpexConfig.php file is wrong.

If you are trying to import data that is on another server, please note that that server must be configured to allow MySQL connections from your server. if it isn't you will need to have both dbs on the same server to do the import.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I have been looking into that and have given the other server permission to access but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I was hoping to be able to do a live update just before I go live with the new one but it looks like I will have to export it to a file and then import it into the new.

Oh, well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X