Language setting from PHPBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language setting from PHPBB

There seems to be no importing possible for user language prefs from phpbb into Vbulletin, I have 13,000 chinese language users and 3,000 english language users. Must I edit each user BY HAND in Vbulletin to reflect their setting?

Guess I do

Comment

I don't think phpBB has a language oiption by default. Wasn't this from a hack? Our import script can only import the default phpBB info and not anything from add-ons.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        I don't think phpBB has a language oiption by default. Wasn't this from a hack? Our import script can only import the default phpBB info and not anything from add-ons.
        From the PHPBB user manual

4.7: Profile Settings

To edit your profile, click the small Profile link at the top of any page.

Board Language - Selects the language of board messages/text. Any text from other users or administrators is unaffected.

Its not a hack!

Comment

That shows how much I know about phpBB.

However I don't see in the post for the phpBB import script that mentions language selections being imported:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...06&postcount=2

Not really sure how to correct this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You are right. Thanks.....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X