Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impex trouble, Phorum3 + md5 question

Hi

I ran in to some trouble converting forum3 tables into vb yesterday and can not get it working.

There's a message with step1 of the impex system where it says "table not found or non standard table" on _all_ my forum tables (Phorum uses several tables per forum). The only ones that do get recognized are "forums" "forums_auth" and some other group and permission related tables. (ps. all my tables are untouched from the original Phorum package).

The strange thing is that even my "general discussion" table, which it says it can't find or is non standard too, i'm able to import just fine by following all the steps. It recognizes all 8 of my subforums and makes entries into vb but does not fill it with threads. My users are also imported.

So i'm left with 1/8th of the posts i'm supposed to have, can anyone give me some pointers to fixing this? I've attached a picture of it saying it found and imported of my forums, and it does.. but not the posts to go with them (except the one table i mentioned above).

I also have another un-related question. This is more under the "hack" category, but this phorum usertable consists of plain md5 passwords and i would like to keep them that way (I already made vbulletin recognize them), what would i need to edit to keep the impex/vbulletin system from adding salts?

Thank you very much for your help.
    Attached Files

impex will give an warning on the tables, if it finds one it isn't expecting or dosn't know about, as long as the vaild ones are green then its all ok.

The current one dosn't import subforums as I've not had a test database to developer from that has had sub forums, if you can supply yours I'll be able to update the importer.

As for the passwords, that is a hack and impex will not do it, I'd ask over at vbulletin.org for help on that.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hi Jerry Thanks for the help.

My mistake, the forums are not "sub-forums" as such, as Phorum3 only (to my knowledge, at least) only have "flat" multiple forum support (on the same level), or at least this is the story with my forum setup.

Since impex can import one of my forums topics just fine, can I assume that it only is possible to import one at a time and that it defaults to the first "thing it sees" ? if so: i could import number one first, then delete the source number one, then import number two, and so on.. Seeing as how there are only 8 different ones i could live with that.

Comment

That might work, though I'm more concerned about why the importer dosn't do it correctly to start with. If you are able to get a copy of your database I'd be intrested in testing and updating the importer.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Jerry,
          I managed to import more of my tables from just manually inserting the table id/name/count into the array in the get_first_forum_name in the bottom of the "000" script under phorum3/ so it looks like it will hopefully work for me now later when i have the time to setup another sql db that i can delete tables in...

It's difficult to get a copy of the database because i only have access to one SQL machine and the backups are so big they crash my text editors , but phorum3 is still open source and downloadable on their website for you to take a look at if you want to fix the importer. Since im able to import my tables like this it looks like there's nothing wrong with my tables, but with the way the script reads the "forums"-table or manages the arrays it builds.

Comment

oh and please let me know if you fix it, I'm still not doing the final import until many months, so if i can get by through more easier means then I'll be appreciating it a lot...

Comment

If you could get your host to give you a complete SQL Dump for your Phorum3 database, you can just have em email directly to Jerry and then he has some test data to work on
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by hæhre
                oh and please let me know if you fix it, I'm still not doing the final import until many months, so if i can get by through more easier means then I'll be appreciating it a lot...
                I'll post if I do, though with out test data its very hard to do as I can't run it to test.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X