Importing a few users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a few users

I imported my database and a few days later about 7+ people joined the phpBB forum I was importing from, is it possible to just import those people and thier posts or even just the people?

I don't think that is an option. The only way I know to do this would be to delete all the other users on your phpBB forum, then import them.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If I import the users again, then the posts, threads and forums, will my forum get messed up?

Comment

If you have left the import ids and the impex session in the database, if you re-import the previously imported data will be removed. If your board has been live and used, it will loose an posts that have replied to imported threads.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ok. thanks. I found another problem.
          It seems that all my users' passwords have changed and they can't log in. I checked the password fields (hash codes) of one of my users and they were different on the vB database compared to the phpBB database.

Comment

BUmp.

Comment

Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts.

The password problem is not something I know how to fix. Please wait until Jerry can respond.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by UnknownServices
                Ok. thanks. I found another problem.
                It seems that all my users' passwords have changed and they can't log in. I checked the password fields (hash codes) of one of my users and they were different on the vB database compared to the phpBB database.
                They will be as the password in the vBulletin database are salted, the phpBB ones arn't to my knowledge. I'll have to check the code for 2.0.11 to see if the passwords have changed as this hasn't been reported before.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X