IPB 1.3 -> vB 3.0.3 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB 1.3 -> vB 3.0.3 problems

Ok I imported users from my IPB database then imported again when I finish doing certain thigns, now posts are going to the wrong people, imported_ is before certain names, and I can't figure out how to fix this. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks

Myth
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mythotical; Wed 5 Jan '05, 2:57pm.

Why did you import the same info again?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Didn't think I got it all because my internet went down but I looked at the tables it imported them all just didn't show the right number it imported so I imported them again to make sure and now its screwy.

Comment

If I dumped the user table and import the users again, would that fix it?

Comment

Is this a fresh vB install? If so, I would reinstall the software and try again.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

basically yes, I imported to test the new hacks then when i moved it I imported again because of the member issue. I think I found my problem tho, for some reason vB imported the members with all the wrong id's so I changed them and am gonna try it that way.

Comment

Ok I cleared the user table and rebuilt it with just the regular admin account then imported users again and its all fixed. Thanks for the help Steve.

Comment

Ok new problem, post count for members is not showing up and below the members name is Guest, it should be either Member or Citizen.
                Attached Files

Comment

Should I clear posts and import them again?

Comment

Reinstall a fresh copy of vBulletin, do the import, rebuild all the counters, and see if you are having any issues.

Comment

Problem with that is it took me forever to get the forums switched back to normal and updated.

Ok I looked again, they are showing up as Guest instead of under their member group.

Comment

Ok I got it fixed, forgot to rebuild certain things after the import. I just redid post, thread imports and rebuilt the forum, thread information and updated user post counts.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X