impex question to and from vb 3.0.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impex question to and from vb 3.0.4

hiya i would like to import off one of my forums to another forum all the posts and attachments out of 1 section on the forum.

the forum i am movin them to i have already setup with diff sections and people have already started signing up etc

now is it possible to move all the posts and attachments from me source board to me destination board. will it keep all me users and the forum sections and posts etc that are already there. then i could delete the forum sections i dont require on the destination forum

also if i dont move the users over will all the posts be set to guest? that will be fine as lolng as the attachments work etc

thanks in advance for your help
    http://

Would it be possiable to import the whole board, merge the users when you do, then delete the forums you don't want and then move the forum you don't want into the section you have already created ?

That is the way I'd do it.

Or, take a copy of the source then prune it, then import that.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

thanks for the reply jerry. i tried it this way i put impex on my destination server and tried importing each of the parts to the importation. all worked well apart from the attachments i was getting the error 'error importing attachment' to all of them

i have both of the attachments on both sites in the file system. i tried moving on both the source and the destination machine i tried moving them back to the database but that just hanged ie went to a blank page and didnt do anything.

any ideas how i can get this workin guys as im tearin my hair out

many thanks
      http://

Comment

The attachments will need to be in the database in the source to be imported, also for speed reasons you'll want it on the same server as the target.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X