phpbb 2.0.11 to vb 3.0.4 importing woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb 2.0.11 to vb 3.0.4 importing woes

Hello I purchased vbulletin yesterday, and I am trying to import a phpbb 2.0.11 database into a vbulletin 3.0.4 database, I got the appropriate impex download, edited and renamed the file as instruction said, but when i hit import/export in the admin cp it simply displays select board type, but does not give any board options, I have provided a screen shot http://jpopnow.com/bbserror.jpg

What version of impex are you using ? is will be in the impex.readme.txt file.

Oh and php version.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I am using yahoo web hosting so I am not sure about the php version. The impex version is 1.52 .

Comment

What happens if you click the php info link in your admincp ?
        Attached Files
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I get this

PHP Version 4.3.6

and a lot of other things, I got the import to work now after many tries, but now only the avatars of those people who were importad show up, if I or anyone tries to upload new avatars it shows no errors but does not do anything. I changed the avatars to store in files system, but still no joy.

Comment

Yahoo has some serrious issues with web hosting, it would be in your best intrest to find another webhost.

Comment

this is the error I get when I try the upload diagnostics

Pertinent PHP Settings file_uploads: On open_basedir: None safe_mode: Off upload_tmp_dir: /tmp upload_max_filesize: 10M
              unknown error

Comment

Have you removed all but the system folders you actually need ?
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

what folders would you need to delete?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Originally posted by me
                    When uploading ImpEx, you only need to up load the dirs and file in the impex/systems folder that you actually need. i.e. if you are importing from phpBB just upload the impex/systems/phpBB folder with the core files.

Uploading them all won't do any harm, though ImpEx will use more memory when starting for the first time as it checks them all and loads all the modules.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X