OK. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Do the mods.
    Back up the modded board.
    Do an import.
    See how if goes.

If its good set a date and then do it again for real from the live set to the modded board back up.

If not, then go with what Floris advises.

Leave a comment:

• agiacosa
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    I suggest to first import using impex, then apply customizations, then test them and go live afterwards.
    I was afraid of that. I want to add 15+ mods and that's going to take some time. I wanted to only be down for a short time while I did the import. If I need to shut down the live board, import and then do all the mods, I will likely be down a couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I suggest to first import using impex, then apply customizations, then test them and go live afterwards.

Second import? I think impex has an option to clear impex and start again.

Leave a comment:

• agiacosa
    started a topic Clarifications before going live

Clarifications before going live

I want to let everyone know that my import from phpBB2 v. 2.0.11 went very well. I want to thank Jerry and Floris for their valuable help with minor clarifications.

Before I do the "real" import I want to clarify some points:

1. I want to make about 15 mods to VB 3.0.3 BEFORE doing the final import. Can I do this or will the import process delete or impact the mods. For example, I want to add VBA CMPS, Gallery, Arcade, etc... I'd prefer to have all this done before going live rather than after.

2. Do I have to do anything now that I'm going to do a second import or will ImpEx do everything for me?

Thanks for your help.

Art
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X