Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just upgraded to 3.03 from phpBB2. the avatars did not come through.

I took the avatars from the old forum and put them into /images/avatars. Then when I did the import, I gave it that directory. End result, no avatars are being displayed.

I went back and forth in the admin panel between filesystem and database, this did not change anything.

I then copied the avatars (all the old ones) into /customavatars and did the back and forth thing between storing them in the filesystem and database. Still no avatars being displayed.

the customavatar table has a few entries in it now, looks like some of the folks who have uploaded since the conversion. New uploads work fine, so some folks do now have avatars - but I've still got hundreds/thousands who don't.

Is there any sane way to get the avatars matched back up again with the users?

Thanks,
    g.
    "Oh, so they have internet on computers now!" --Homer.

Which /images/avatar directory ?

The vBulletin one of the phpBB one or another you created yourself ?

All you need to do is give the full path to the phpBB directory that has them in with any subdirectory structure that was there and impex will find the relevant file and match it to the user.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I actually copied the all the avatars to /images/avatars in the vbulletin directory and pointed the script there when I did the import. Then I played around as above.

Assuming the site is now live - it is - and I've got all these avatars, is there any way now to reconneect the users and their avatars? I'm guessing not - but if there is I'd love to know, even if it's some tinkering. We've lost a lot of avatars.

BTW, we upgraded from phpBB2 (security/resource issues) and the community is luvin it. I've had a half dozen explicit comments including some offers of financial assistance .
      "Oh, so they have internet on computers now!" --Homer.

Comment

Originally posted by waterwheel
        I actually copied the all the avatars to /images/avatars in the vbulletin directory and pointed the script there when I did the import. Then I played around as above.

Assuming the site is now live - it is - and I've got all these avatars, is there any way now to reconneect the users and their avatars? I'm guessing not - but if there is I'd love to know, even if it's some tinkering. We've lost a lot of avatars.
        As long as you have the old phpBB database still, with the user information in it its possiable yes, though it would take a custom script.

Originally posted by waterwheel
        BTW, we upgraded from phpBB2 (security/resource issues) and the community is luvin it. I've had a half dozen explicit comments including some offers of financial assistance .
        Good to hear all is well
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X