Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    You set all the importuserid's to 0 using the link and built in frunctions and it deleted the users on the second import ?

Can you check the database directly after the first import and when the id's have been reset and the 2nd import just to ensure they are being set to 0.

I can't see what is diffrent from the test import I did and what you are doing at the moment

Leave a comment:

• webspinner
    replied
    Hi Jerry,

I definitely did run impEx twice, as I am importing two boards into one vb3 system. So I guess that is the reason for my problem, is there a work around for this one?

Cheers

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    To be fair, that is in the HOWTO :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Originally posted by me
    Thirdly, most importers will import the usergroups or create a default import usergroup, this is so you can check the users being imported and manage them accordingly, to move users to the default "Register" group in vBulletin, delete the import group they are in.

Leave a comment:

• gertiebeth
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    This is an intergration bug between impex and vBulletin I belive, I am working on this right this minute.

Though there is nothing in impex that will delete all the users with out running the import user module twice.
    Well, I am positive I didn't run the import user module twice because I have tried it 3 times now... BUT I did figure out why my old members weren't showing up on the members.php page. They were listed as IMPORTED members instead of REGISTERED users. I changed their usergroup and everything seems to be OK right now. My board is still closed because the last time I opened it after thinking everything was A-OK, as soon as a new member registered on the vBulletin borad, all the other users, including myself as admin, were deleted.

I'm going to give it another try and if it doesn't work I'll just import to VB 3.03 and then upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    This is an intergration bug between impex and vBulletin I belive, I am working on this right this minute.

Though there is nothing in impex that will delete all the users with out running the import user module twice.

Leave a comment:

• gertiebeth
    replied
    Originally posted by webspinner
    Hi Floris,

On the first import some time ago I followed the recommended procedure (I hope anyway) of using the link to remove the importids to import the second forum.

Today I tried to repeat the process from scratch, when I tried to clear the imported data I got a database error and was locked out of my forums.

Dave
    This is currently happening to me as well. Importing from phpBB2 2.10 to VB 3.04.

Has anyone figured this out of should I just install and import from VB 3.03?

Leave a comment:

• webspinner
    replied
    Hi Floris,

On the first import some time ago I followed the recommended procedure (I hope anyway) of using the link to remove the importids to import the second forum.

Today I tried to repeat the process from scratch, when I tried to clear the imported data I got a database error and was locked out of my forums.

Dave
    Last edited by webspinner; Thu 30 Dec '04, 11:35am.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Yes. Could be.

Did you click on the button to clear the import so you can do another one? Or did you just start over again?

Leave a comment:

• webspinner
    replied
    Just a thought, could this be because I have imported two forums, then tried to restart the entire import from the beginning again?

Dave

Leave a comment:

• webspinner
    started a topic Corruption problem with Impex

Corruption problem with Impex

Hi Jerry

I had the vbulletin forums pretty much as I wanted them, so it was time to try another import from UBB classic to get fresh data. I selected the option to delete all imported data, and start a clean import, and got this error, the SQL is from an email:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:
    Invalid SQL:
    SELECT * FROM vb3_cpsession WHERE userid =
    AND hash = 'a7035ae660752c6bb8bd7a0a3185e862'
    AND dateline > 1104432229
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that
    corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND hash = 'a7035ae660752c6bb8bd7a0a3185e862'
    AND dateline >
    mysql error number: 1064

On investigation it had deleted all the users including my non-deletable admin. This has happened before with an older version, this is the latest downloaded tonight. It has left some test users I created after the last import, so I can recover by modifying one of those into a new admin user. Could you check the code, as I don't want this to happen when I am doing the final import.

Many thanks

Dave
    Last edited by webspinner; Thu 30 Dec '04, 10:56am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X