Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues XMB 1.9 -> VB3.0.3

Hey, all

Just purchased 3.0.3, glad I did. I'd been using several lesser forum softwares, generally until they got hacked. I grew tired of having to hack into these softwares features which vB already has.

Anyway, I'm trying to import from my existing (XMB 1.9) forums to my new install, and everything seems to be going great, except when i'm done none of the users appear to have been imported.

There were no abnormal errors during the import.

My version of XMB has numerous custom hacks applied to it (including an extensive rewrite of the post indicators), but these should not affect the importation process.

Can someone help?

Admin Control Panel > Import & Maintenance > Update Counters:

Run the following:

Fix broken user profiles
    Update usernames
    Update User titles
    Rebuild post count
    Rebuild thread information
    rebuild forum information

clear search index and rebuild search index.

Comment

Done the steps above, members list still shows empty except for my own username.

After running the import users module again, still no users are imported, even though it shows the 1800 or so users being imported.

** EDIT

it appears the users are indeed imported, but not into any groups? If I click on a username off of the forum main page, I can assign them to a group and then they show up, but not if I don't do this.

I guess my question is: What's a query to assign *everyone* to the registered users usergroup?

url is http://forums.digitalpaintball.net
      Last edited by Kuja; Thu 30 Dec '04, 12:05pm.

Comment

Indeed, i'd like some help with the query to add all users to the registered users group, and if someone could help me supplant my news script with one that reads from vbulletin then I'd be very much a happy person.

Comment

Answered here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124684
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Bug, found it, fixed it, its ok in version 1.52 now.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X