X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ubbthreads importer - wrong email address

UbbThreads uses 3 email addresses
    - U_Email: Current internal mail address used to send mails to users
    - U_Fakeemail: Current mail address used for displaying on the users profile
    - U_RegEmail: Mail address which was used when the username was registered

The current importer script uses U_RegEmail which is often out of date. U_Email should be used instead (004.php, line 182).
    noox, Mountainbike Downhill Board

Though that is the email address registered with, I would suggest updating it via SQL prior to import.

Though I'll look at putting in a option to select which one you would like to import from, though there is no should as the registering email is the original.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

U_RegEmail is set when the username is registered. U_Email is set to the same address. When a user changes the address only U_Email is changed. The user cannot change U_RegEmail. I assume U_RegEmail is only used for security issues. If someone changes the email address to some fake address there is still a chance that the U_RegEmail is valid. All forum mails are sent to U_Email.

I thought this could be useful for other users. I have an older installation of ubbthreads where it seems like the passwords are not compatible with vB. And as many of the U_RegEmails are outdated users would not have been able to login again when I had not changed the email addresses.
      noox, Mountainbike Downhill Board

Comment

I cannot force one over the other.

I have put in a select list now to choose from Email or RegEmail, I've ignored FakeEmail.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X