Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb import - Where?

I know its here somewhere....
    Cna anyone give me a point in the right direction?

You can download the ImpEx scripts from the Members' Area.

Comment

ImpEx

I am going to assume that is the "all in one" imported for boards...
      Meaning phpBB

Correct? I saw that, and I got a little confused...thought maybe it was a new board I have not heard about...

Comment

Cool I see now...
        just close this!

Comment

Can I get some help with this? I am able to impor the users, but their posts don't show up.

my old forum was at mydomain.com/forum new one is at mydomain.com. I was able to connect to the db, and everything else worked, import all the categories, etc., except for the users.

For the conversion, do I have to create a list of users that is the same as the old forums list of users?

I read the directions for Impex but I didn't see anything that helped with this problem.
          WebDevShack.com

Comment

I am able to impor the users
            and then

everything else worked, import all the categories, etc., except for the users.

I'm a little confused, did the users import or not ?

The importer shouldn't of let you do it.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Sorry, what I meant was that I was able to import the users from phpBB, but when it comes to Associating them I am having trouble here.

Step 1 goes ok. Undere the imported column, it says 19.
              Now for Step 2, When it shows the (old) list of users from phpBB, there is empty box to the right. Above it it says "Put the existing vbulletin user id next to the phpBB user that you wish to associate them with"

Do I have to create a (new) list of users through vB that match the old user names? How does this work? I tried both I think.. I created a new list of users with the same user name as the old one, and I entered them, but it doesn't work.
              WebDevShack.com

Comment

Do you have users in the vBullletin database already ?

If not or you don't want to link users in the database to ones in the database just ignore this module.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yes I do.. I will post a screenshot of where I am having the problem.
                  Attached Files
                  WebDevShack.com

Comment

Ok, you have users.

Are any of the users you are importing the same user that are in the vB database ?
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

None of the users from the left side are in the vB database since this is a brand new conversion. Take a look at the site webdevshack.com. The old phpBB forum is at webdevshack.com/forum/. The old uers show up, but when you click on the member list, there are no matches. Now I know not to start off with phpBB then convert to vB.
                      WebDevShack.com

Comment

If the vB database is empty and you are not merging two sties or something like that just ignore that module.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Can you come on AIM real quick? I have tried everything I can think of.. still no luck. In the admin area when I go to "Show all users" the list of users show up, but when I click on their actual user name while viewin the forum I get this message: "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view."

In the admin area, what should their Primary Usergroup be? Imported User? Registered Users? or something else?
                          WebDevShack.com

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Originally posted by me
                            Thirdly, most importers will import the usergroups or create a default import usergroup, this is so you can check the users being imported and manage them accordingly, to move users to the default "Register" group in vBulletin, delete the import group they are in.
                            Either move them to registered or set up the group.
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X