Another import issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another import issue

Hi, I've imported smf to vbulletin so I deleted my username that vbulletin created in order to use my old one of smf. Once I deleted, I tried to log in with my old one but it says

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    How do I resolve this issue?

Request to have your password reset and emailed to you. Then you can set a new password and continue to use vBulletin.

Comment

Hi, I've done that but still the same old message

Comment

You need to go into the vBulletin AdminCP and check the users usergroup and forum permissions

Comment

Hmm, I checked my member rank of my old nick (by looking at my old posts)

It says Junior Member while in SMF I had the rank Administrator. Now the forum is without administrators. How do I create a new administrator to access the panel

Comment

Originally posted by kadafi_alive
            Hmm, I checked my member rank of my old nick (by looking at my old posts)

It says Junior Member while in SMF I had the rank Administrator. Now the forum is without administrators. How do I create a new administrator to access the panel
            You really shouldn't have deleted the vBulletin adminstrator accoutn, rather merged it with your old one

in the vBulletin zip file there is an extra folder called DO_NOT_UPLOAD in here there is a file called tools.php. upload this file to your admin control panel directory (admincp by default). now point your browser at yoursite.com/forum/admincp/tools.php and follow the directions to restore your admin account, after you have done this remove tools.php ASAP

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X