Import phpbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import phpbb

I've got a phpbb forum in one domain that I want to import into a vb3 forum on another domain. I can download the database from the first domain and put it on the second. Where's the best place to locate this file on the second domain?

You can use impex forum software to import the phpBB database from domain a - as long as the database server allows remote connections.

If it doesn't, place the .sql dump on the other domain, outside of the public_html/ folder

Then restore it into a new database after which you can use impex to connect to the phpbb database on the localhost and import the data into vbulletin.

Comment

I've posted a question on my hosts support forum asking if remote connections are allowed. That sounds like an easier way to go.

Comment

It will be slower, but doable.

Also you willl need to move the attachments to the new host if you have any and want them.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

There are no attachments in the old forum. It's only been around for a few months and doesn't have a lot of activity.

Comment

I'm trying to do my import and have gotten the following error. Any ideas?

Database error in vBulletin:ImpEx Target 3.0.3:

Link-ID == false, connect failed
            mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Thursday 23rd of December 2004 10:54:29 PM
            Script: http://www.roadsterforums.com/forums/impex/index.php
            Referer: http://www.roadsterforums.com/forums...dex.php?do=nav

Comment

This error means that either the db info in your ImpExConfig.php file is wrong or there is a problem with the MySQL server. If you are sure that the db info is correct then you need to contact your host.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It looks right to me. I've submitted a Help Desk support ticket to my host. I should hear back shortly. They're in Scotland, so it's morning there.

Comment

I've gotten the connection to work, but now have a new error as follows:

Database error in vBulletin:ImpEx Source 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL:
                  SELECT user_id,username
                  FROM users
                  ORDER BY user_id
                  LIMIT 0,25
                  mysql error: Table 'czr123_phpbb1.users' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Comment

Does your phpBB database have a prefix? (Most do.) You need to enter the correct prefix in the Impex config file.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have no idea. Any ideas on where to look for a prefix?

Comment

In the phpBB database. The default prefix is: phpbb_

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks. Now I get to importing styles, which I choose no, and it just stays at the next screen, not giving me any options.

Comment

Not sure what you are seeing. Perhaps you could post a screenshot.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Here it is.
                              Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X