ImpEx With Other BB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImpEx With Other BB's

I need an importer for WowBB (www.wowbb.com) but it's not on the current or planned list for ImpEx support. So it looks like I'm going to have to do some manual bit-banging assuming that ImpEx doesn't have some sort of utility to let you manually map fields for non-supported BBs. Is there a document anywhere that details the minimum fields necessary to import the various objects (users, posts, etc.)?

Please advise / thanks,

Stuart

Originally posted by StuartW
    I need an importer for WowBB (www.wowbb.com) but it's not on the current or planned list for ImpEx support. So it looks like I'm going to have to do some manual bit-banging assuming that ImpEx doesn't have some sort of utility to let you manually map fields for non-supported BBs. Is there a document anywhere that details the minimum fields necessary to import the various objects (users, posts, etc.)?

Please advise / thanks,

Stuart
    I am afraid there isn't. You can provide test data perhaps so an import script can be written.

Comment

So what kind of test data do you want? I'd be glad to send a database snapshot (i.e. SQLdump) or whatever else you need to get started ...

Comment

I am sorry, I am not familiar with that forum software, and Jerry knows what he might require. You could PM him perhaps or post a reply in the sticky POLL thread.

Comment

Thats a new one to me.

Test data = new importer.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X