• Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Thanks, your welcome

Leave a comment:

• bishop93
    replied
    Nope. No bad. Just glad that we could be of some kind of service in making the importer even better for people in the future. It's a great thing that vB3 provides this to ensure that people have a way of migrating without a lot of effort.

I've said my piece in private, but, publicly, thank you. Your assistence has been invaluable.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    My bad, bug, fixed now.

Leave a comment:

• bishop93
    replied
    Okay. What I've noticed when I sign into my "other" account (non-admin) is that I don't have the options to even send PMs. So, this, I think, answers part of this. Somewhere this is a setting that I've missed. The admin account, of course, can see these things, but not the regular accounts. But then, I don't see this setting, so I'm obviously blind and this is, again, my error.

Leave a comment:

• bishop93
    replied
    Sent.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Is the board publicly accessible ? Can you PM me the admincp details to see if I can figure it out ?

Leave a comment:

• bishop93
    replied
    Unless I'm just doing something amazingly wrong, things look right.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Right then there are userid's and they actually exsist in the database thats 2 things.

User permissions, do the users have the PM permissons turned on ? Have they been moved from the default import group into the registered group ?

Leave a comment:

• bishop93
    replied
    Okay. Here's what I see. Not sure what you might need, but ..

Taking just the first five as an example:

pmid, pmtextid, userid, folderid, messageread, importpmid

2,1,17,-1,0,1
    4,2,0,-1,0,1

The whole column of folderid alternates with 0, -1; all messageread are 0 and all importid are 1. The pmtextid column seems to go 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, etc. whereas the pmid is sequential.

(on recount, only 17 of the PMs have a userid of 0. the rest are all some other number)

Not sure if that's TMI or helpful, but that's what I'm seeing.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by bishop93
    They aren't showing in the CP. I just checked (didn't think about it before) and they are in the database. I see content in the xx_pm and xx_pmtext tables. Nothing in the xx_pmreceipt table, but that doesn't surprise me. Not sure if I should be looking for anything else.
    that is correct, impex dosn't bother with the recipts, also if they have importpmid's then they are the imported ones.

Are all the userid's for the PM's 0 ?

Leave a comment:

• bishop93
    replied
    They aren't showing in the CP. I just checked (didn't think about it before) and they are in the database. I see content in the xx_pm and xx_pmtext tables. Nothing in the xx_pmreceipt table, but that doesn't surprise me. Not sure if I should be looking for anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    After the import the usergroups have been sorted out and the users have the correcct permissions to use PM's ?

didn't import into the system
    Does that mean, their arn't in the database ot their are not showing in the usercp ?

Leave a comment:

• bishop93
    replied
    Don't poke too hard. There's no rush this morning. I just got to work and I won't be back to deal with this until tonight and through the weekend. But thank you. Despite my earlier attitude (different thread/bad day), I've really come to find vB3 easy to work with and most problems either have a solution or direction in which to find a solution. It's most appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Then I would not know, you'll have to wait until Jerry is online and has time to look into this. I'll poke him with a PrivMsg to speed things up.

Leave a comment:

• bishop93
    replied
    Yes. I did. I did go back and do everything again just to ensure that I'd done it right the first time. Given some of the other problems I've had that were completely my errors, I didn't want to come running for help until I'd made sure that I was sane.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X