• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by BassX
    Hey Jerry,

Before I waste your time - are you saying that I should fix this after the import with cleaner.php?
    If you can yes.

Originally posted by BassX
    I just need clarification - your post above states that Impex should handle nested quotes automatically. I was under the impression that cleaner.php is something to use after an import to clean things up that Impex doesn't handle. Maybe I'm mistaken.
    That is correct from the HTML I've seen that is what should happen and yes cleaner is a 2nd stage for html that is left over.

Leave a comment:

• BassX
    replied
    Hey Jerry,

Before I waste your time - are you saying that I should fix this after the import with cleaner.php?

I just need clarification - your post above states that Impex should handle nested quotes automatically. I was under the impression that cleaner.php is something to use after an import to clean things up that Impex doesn't handle. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Otherwise I'll pm you a link to the DB dump.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    mysqldump it, make a zip or tar of it, host it some where, then PM me the URL and I'll download it then PM you once I've got it so you can remove it.

Leave a comment:

• BassX
    replied
    How should I send it to you?

I don't see an it won't let me send an email and I don't see an option to add an attachment to a PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Can you make a copy of the vB3 database and get that to me so I can see why cleaner.php isn't working.

Leave a comment:

• BassX
    replied
    This doesn't seem to work for me.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm ending up with:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    If the structure exsists in the source data, it will be parsed into bb code so you get this :

Outer
    Inner

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Since vB does not have nested quotes, I don't think you'll be able to import these.

Leave a comment:

• BassX
    replied
    Hey Jerry,

This should be my last question regarding importing quotes.

I'd like to import nested quotes and keep them nested. I found this post, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...32&postcount=5 where someone mentioned that you told them how to do this. I couldn't find the solution posted anywhere on the forum though.

Can you fill me in on how to do this?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• BassX
    replied
    I guess I was thinking this wouldn't be that hard to do by modifing the regex's used during the import process.

The two board's worth of html shouldn't make a difference anymore because the only difference was the " vs ' issue which has already been fixed - all of the other html was exactly the same for Ikonboard and IPB

My regex skills have deteriorated greatly but, couldn't you take one of the original regex's like the following:

preg_replace('#<!--QuoteBegin-{1,2}([^"]*)\+([^"]*)-->([^"]*)<!--QuoteEBegin-->#si', '[quote]Originally posted by \\1@\\2<br />[b]', $post);

And modifiy it to something like the following:

preg_replace('#<!--QuoteBegin-{1,2}([^"]*)\+([^"]*)-->([^"]*)<!--QuoteEBegin-->#si', '[quote=\\[email protected]\\2]', $post);

And then also fix the QuoteEnd regex along with the other QuoteBegin cases.
    Last edited by BassX; Wed 22 Dec '04, 5:49pm.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Cleaning up HTML is always a pain, and seeing as you are importing a board that has two board worth of HTML in it its going to be a bit more tricky.

Yes, it can be done, though you just have to use cleaner to swap the styles about as much as you can, or get some custom code in there to use a regular expression to match more of it, it depends on the variations you have in the post data.

Leave a comment:

• BassX
    replied
    IPB 1.3 &gt; vB 3 - More on Importing Quotes

I'm wondering if it is possible to have the imported quotes styled the same as the default vB styling?

Imported Style:
    HTML Code:
        [quote]Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2004, 01:02 AM
               Some quoted text.[/quote]
    Originally posted by jessica@Dec 11 2004, 01:02 AM
    Some quoted text.
    vB Style:
    HTML Code:
        [[email protected] 11 2004, 01:02 AM]Some quoted text.[/QUOTE]
    Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2004, 01:02 AM
    Some quoted text.
    I just want everything to be consistent throughout the board.

Leave a comment:

• BassX
    replied
    It looks like I finally figured out what the problem was:

The quotes that were imported from Ikonboard used double-quoted html attributes. So, I did a query to replace all of the double-quoted attributes with single-quoted attributes.

Fortunatly, the html that needed updating was consistent, so I was able to fix it with 2 queries

It seems to have fixed the problem - I haven't been able to find any problems.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    With legacy HTML from 2 board hanging around I would do the import then use cleaner.php to sort it out afterwards.

The quotes that impex grabs at the moment as on lines 518-521 of impex/systems/ipb/000.php and 384-389 of ImpExFunction.

Leave a comment:

• BassX
    replied
    The problem seems to be with quotes that were created when I was using Ikonboard. I converted from Ikonboard to IPB in February 2003.

I would like to update the format of the quotes in the source board before I do the final import. Here is the type of thing that is showing up after an import:

</div><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actual quote deleled to post on public forum[/b][/quote]

What do I need to update/change for the quotes to come through correctly?
    -or-
    What format does Impex recognize as a quote?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X