IPB 1.3 > vB 3 - More on Importing Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB 1.3 > vB 3 - More on Importing Quotes

It looks like quite a few of the quotes on my source IPB 1.3 board are messed up and I'm going to need to fix them for them to import correctly.

Could you please let me know what the correct format(s) for quotes should be in the source board? (i.e what does Impex look for?)

if there are consistant things that need cleaning you can use :

impex/tools/cleaner.php

If it's IPB source that impex has missed could you give me an example so I can update the importer, thanks.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

The problem seems to be with quotes that were created when I was using Ikonboard. I converted from Ikonboard to IPB in February 2003.

I would like to update the format of the quotes in the source board before I do the final import. Here is the type of thing that is showing up after an import:

</div><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actual quote deleled to post on public forum[/b][/quote]

What do I need to update/change for the quotes to come through correctly?
      -or-
      What format does Impex recognize as a quote?

Comment

With legacy HTML from 2 board hanging around I would do the import then use cleaner.php to sort it out afterwards.

The quotes that impex grabs at the moment as on lines 518-521 of impex/systems/ipb/000.php and 384-389 of ImpExFunction.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

It looks like I finally figured out what the problem was:

The quotes that were imported from Ikonboard used double-quoted html attributes. So, I did a query to replace all of the double-quoted attributes with single-quoted attributes.

Fortunatly, the html that needed updating was consistent, so I was able to fix it with 2 queries

It seems to have fixed the problem - I haven't been able to find any problems.

Comment

IPB 1.3 &gt; vB 3 - More on Importing Quotes

I'm wondering if it is possible to have the imported quotes styled the same as the default vB styling?

Imported Style:
            HTML Code:
                [quote]Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2004, 01:02 AM
                       Some quoted text.[/quote]
            Originally posted by jessica@Dec 11 2004, 01:02 AM
            Some quoted text.
            vB Style:
            HTML Code:
                [[email protected] 11 2004, 01:02 AM]Some quoted text.[/QUOTE]
            Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2004, 01:02 AM
            Some quoted text.
            I just want everything to be consistent throughout the board.

Comment

Cleaning up HTML is always a pain, and seeing as you are importing a board that has two board worth of HTML in it its going to be a bit more tricky.

Yes, it can be done, though you just have to use cleaner to swap the styles about as much as you can, or get some custom code in there to use a regular expression to match more of it, it depends on the variations you have in the post data.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I guess I was thinking this wouldn't be that hard to do by modifing the regex's used during the import process.

The two board's worth of html shouldn't make a difference anymore because the only difference was the " vs ' issue which has already been fixed - all of the other html was exactly the same for Ikonboard and IPB

My regex skills have deteriorated greatly but, couldn't you take one of the original regex's like the following:

preg_replace('#<!--QuoteBegin-{1,2}([^"]*)\+([^"]*)-->([^"]*)<!--QuoteEBegin-->#si', '[quote]Originally posted by \\1@\\2<br />[b]', $post);

And modifiy it to something like the following:

preg_replace('#<!--QuoteBegin-{1,2}([^"]*)\+([^"]*)-->([^"]*)<!--QuoteEBegin-->#si', '[quote=\\[email protected]\\2]', $post);

And then also fix the QuoteEnd regex along with the other QuoteBegin cases.
                Last edited by BassX; Wed 22 Dec '04, 6:49pm.

Comment

Hey Jerry,

This should be my last question regarding importing quotes.

I'd like to import nested quotes and keep them nested. I found this post, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...32&postcount=5 where someone mentioned that you told them how to do this. I couldn't find the solution posted anywhere on the forum though.

Can you fill me in on how to do this?

Thanks

Comment

Since vB does not have nested quotes, I don't think you'll be able to import these.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If the structure exsists in the source data, it will be parsed into bb code so you get this :

Outer
                      Inner
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

This doesn't seem to work for me.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm ending up with:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Can you make a copy of the vB3 database and get that to me so I can see why cleaner.php isn't working.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

How should I send it to you?

I don't see an it won't let me send an email and I don't see an option to add an attachment to a PM.

Comment

mysqldump it, make a zip or tar of it, host it some where, then PM me the URL and I'll download it then PM you once I've got it so you can remove it.
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X