Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YaBB 1 Gold SP 1.3.2 to vB 3.0.3 problems

Hi,

I have done a test import from YaBB Gold 1.3.2 to vB 3.0.3 and have a few issues:

1. All instant messages (private messages) between member are lost. This will upset sme members!!

2. All members who do not have a date of birth entered in YaBB get a date of birth of November 30 (no year) in vB. Is there a simple way to clear this?

3. In YaBB members can have a display name that is different to their login name. This is obviously not supported in vB, however a "displayname:" field is added in the Additional Information section which does not seem to be editable or useful for anything.

4. The imported members do not become members of any user groups, not even imported_users. This is fairly easy to fix afterwards however.

5. Forum titles and descriptions are not imported correctly. The vB forum title is the YaBB forum ID and the vB forum description is the YaBB forum title followed by "::". Also the forums default to showing only recent messages. With the size of the board I can edit these manually, however.

If anyone wants to look the YaBB board is here http://www.vintage-radio.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl and the vB board (not live yet) is here http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php. Send me a PM if you need the login details (however I will be away until Saturday morning UK time now).

Thanks!
    Paul.

Originally posted by Paul Stenning
    1. All instant messages (private messages) between member are lost. This will upset sme members!!
    I've put that on the todo list for the importer now.

2. All members who do not have a date of birth entered in YaBB get a date of birth of November 30 (no year) in vB. Is there a simple way to clear this?
    Fixed so its a correct date or 0.

3. In YaBB members can have a display name that is different to their login name. This is obviously not supported in vB, however a "displayname:" field is added in the Additional Information section which does not seem to be editable or useful for anything.
    This has been requested a few times as it can be used after the import.

4. The imported members do not become members of any user groups, not even imported_users. This is fairly easy to fix afterwards however.
    Bug and fixed.

5. Forum titles and descriptions are not imported correctly. The vB forum title is the YaBB forum ID and the vB forum description is the YaBB forum title followed by "::". Also the forums default to showing only recent messages. With the size of the board I can edit these manually, however.
    Then the positions in the files have been moved again in the versions, it is always the way when importing from a flat file html board. There will always be clean up with these types of imports unfortunatly.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks Jerry.

Do you ave any idea when the private message import might be done? Are we looking at a couple of weeks or into months?
      Paul.

Comment

I'm looking at the source data now to try and get an idea of the format and what would be involved.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks Jerry. If you want acess to my YaBB and vBulletin for testing please let me know.

Comment

That might come in handy as the test board I've got is in german and my german is a bit rusty.

Its the files in /cgi-bin/forum/Messages I think, I'm just trying to decipher the lay out of the *.data and *.txt files at the moment.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I will send you a private message with the login and FTP details for my boards and server.

I have had a quick look at the data files in my YaBB installation and the message file format looks to be fairly straightforward (fortunately!)

UserID|Subject|MM/DD/YY at HH:MM:SS|Message_body

Repeated on a new line for each message.

The inbox is stored in username.msg and the outbox is stored in username.outbox. Both files live in the Members folder.

Paul.

Comment

Done and in the download now.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

And after a couple of minor bugs were found and fixed, it works really well.

Thanks Jerry. Now I know I made the right choice with vBulletin!

Comment

yay, another import
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X