phpbb2 + CHv2.1.0 -> vB 3.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb2 + CHv2.1.0 -> vB 3.0.3

Trying to convert database from phpbb 2.0.11 with Categories Hierarchy v2.1.0 installed, to fresh installation of vB.
    During import process it seems that everything is imported but whet i look in the forums? there are only 'Test Cacegory' present.
    Users seemed to be imported without problems.

Have you run the update counters to rebuild usernames, post count, user titles, thread information, forum information and rebuild the search index?

Comment

Yes. It didn't help...

Comment

Sorry, then I do not know. Hopefully Jerry can figure it out.

Comment

The importer dose not support hacks, the permutations would be massive.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

So, there's no way to import the DB?

Comment

Can you import phpbb to phpbb ? or undo the modifcations?

Comment

Originally posted by SecTa
                So, there's no way to import the DB?
                I can't answer that as I do not know what that hack does to the database, I would need to see the database.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

This modification adds lots of new sql queries, so i don't know how to uninstall it...

Comment

Do you know if it actuall alters anything origional in the database ?
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Jerry, I'm not good @ SQL, so I can't tell You for shure, but I can paste here all SQL queries that needed to be run when installing Categories Hierarchy MOD or, alterlatively you can see them in file MOD-categories_hierarchy-210.txt, that situated in this archive.

Comment

Do you know if it actuall alters anything origional in the database ?
                        I think yes, here's some outtakes:
                        Code:
                        ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums   ADD forum_type CHAR(1) BINARY NOT NULL DEFAULT 'f' AFTER forum_status,  ADD forum_main SMALLINT(5) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER forum_status,  ADD auth_global_announce TINYINT( 2 ) NOT NULL AFTER auth_announce,  ADD forum_last_title VARCHAR( 255 ),
                        Code:
                        ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics   ADD topic_sub_title varchar( 255 ) DEFAULT NULL,  ADD topic_first_username VARCHAR( 25 ),  ADD topic_last_poster MEDIUMINT( 8 ) NOT NULL,
                        Code:
                        ALTER TABLE phpbb_topics   CHANGE topic_title topic_title varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL;
                        Code:
                        ALTER TABLE phpbb_posts  ADD post_icon SMALLINT( 3 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL;
                        Code:
                        ALTER TABLE phpbb_posts_text  ADD post_sub_title varchar( 255 ) DEFAULT NULL;    ALTER TABLE phpbb_posts_text  CHANGE post_subject post_subject varchar( 255 ) DEFAULT NULL;
                        ...and so on...
                        As far as I understand all this is needed to be reverted?

Comment

Well by the looks of that the normal importer would still work.

When you did your test import did you check the forum manager and display orders etc ?
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Before import i've deleted all forums, and after import there's only 'Test Category 1' appears in forum manager...

Comment

Ok, I'm going to have to have a look behind the scenes.

Could you start a support ticket and send in the details of the board so I can try and see what is going on, thanks.
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X