Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB 1.3.1 > vB 3.0.3 Issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IPB 1.3.1 > vB 3.0.3 Issues

    I've done the import a handful of times now and the script has evolved over the past couple of days where I can actually do a complete import that seems to work. I still have some issues though:

    Custom Profile Fields
    The desciption for the IPB 1.1 - 1.3 Importer says that it can import "custom_1 -> custom_5" I took this to mean that it will import 5 custom profile fields.

    If this is true, mine didn't get imported. I have 2 custom profile fields that I'd like to have imported - How do I do that?

    Some Passwords Don't Import Correctly
    I've noticed that some passwords don't import correctly. The only concrete example I know of are passwords that include an exclamation point(s) '!' Can this be fixed?

    I am using 1.46

  • #2
    Custom Profile Fields

    Are they ones you or a hack have added or default ones in IPB ?

    Some Passwords Don't Import Correctly

    The password aren't modifiyed or altered if they contain specail chars, I can't see why an exclamation would make a diffrence, though I will test this to see if I can figure out what is going on.
    I wrote ImpEx.

    Blog | Me

    Comment


    • #3
      The Custom Profile Fields are ones that I added using the Custom Profile Field Management tool in IPB. They are "First Name" and "Last Name."

      What are the default ones? I guess wouldn't consider default profile fields to be 'custom.'

      For the passwords, I came across this problem by creating test users in my source forum to make sure everything was imported correctly. When I tried to log in using one of the test users, it kept saying my password was wrong which I knew wasn't the case. I was able to log in fine with my other test users, so I knew that some of the passwords were being imported fine. The only difference was the the password for the first test user included an exclamation point.

      So, I removed the exclamation point from that users password in the source board, reimported everything to a clean install of vB, and then logged in fine with that test user. So, I came to the conclusion that the exclamation point was causing the problem.

      This may also happen with other characters - I haven't done any additional testing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Any updates on these issues?

        I did some more testing of passwords - I created 27 TestUsers in my source board with variations of the problem password by replacing the exclamation point with other characters to see if any other characters caused problems. I noticed that I missed a few of the characters but I thought I'd post the results anyway.

        The following characters did not cause any problems in imported passwords:
        @
        #
        %
        ^
        *
        (
        )
        ,
        .
        ?
        /
        ~
        -
        =
        +
        _
        :
        ;


        The following characters caused problems for imported passwords:
        !
        $
        &
        '
        "
        <
        >

        Comment


        • #5
          How are passwords stored in IPB 1.3.1 ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks like: varchar(32)

            Comment


            • #7
              I belive the password is an MD5, the only thing that happens to it between being taken from the IPB database and going into the vB3 database is that its MD5()'ed with the new salt.

              What character set are you using ?

              What vesrsion of impex and php are you using ?
              Last edited by Jerry; Sat 18 Dec '04, 7:13am.
              I wrote ImpEx.

              Blog | Me

              Comment


              • #8
                How do I find out?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Impex 1.46
                  PHP 4.3.9

                  I would guess I'm using the default character set. Maybe: iso-8859-1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bizzare, going to get the other devs to look at this too.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

                    Blog | Me

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Cool - Thanks for the update Jerry.

                      Do you mind if I contact you by PM to ask a few other questions or should I start new threads?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'd say a new thread, of if its related just carry on here.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

                        Blog | Me

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well the password issues has been found, the passwords are changed as they are stored with IPB so the data stored isn't the actual password.

                          All I can suggest here is advising users to request a new password and ensure that their email addresses are correct.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

                          Blog | Me

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X