Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Wiz Import problem: Import User - Step 4

When I get to the import User part of the Script it throws an error

Fatal error: Non-static method ImpExFunction:arse_smilie_callback() cannot be called statically in ImpExFunction.php(361) : regexp code on line 1

Any Ideas?

What version of php are you using ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

5.03. I can't go back to to 4.39 as it doesn't have support for version 4.1 of MYSQL.

I don't really want to roll the MYSQL installation back as 4.1 has some nice features.

Comment

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?38,2511,5323

Comment

PHP 5 , thought so.

The best and fasted thing I can suggest is deleting the lines in ImpExFunction where the smilie call back is called.

357 ... 362.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks Jerry

It's continuing on now. I'll let you know if I run into any more issues.

Appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_270581
              Thanks Jerry

It's continuing on now. I'll let you know if I run into any more issues.

Appreciate the help.
              Good to hear

There are a few things on the TODO list for ImpEx for PHP5 , though untill 5 is offically supported they are being worked around as there are other things going on.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I noticed some bugs when testing

Import Forum: If number of forums entered to process is less than existing forums in the source db the page loops.
                If number is greater than existing forums in the source db it works fine and goes back to the menu.

Import posts page: Once it gets to Updating parent ids to allow for a threaded view.... it says done in the browser but it doesn't revert back to main menu. I had to restart the session and lost the 200,000 + posts that were imported.

Can you please look into these Jerry & Fix if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_270581
                  Import posts page: Once it gets to Updating parent ids to allow for a threaded view.... it says done in the browser but it doesn't revert back to main menu. I had to restart the session and lost the 200,000 + posts that were imported.
                  That will be the parent update SQL running in the background, though I'll check it out.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks Jerry.

Let me know if you update the script and I will redownload.

Edit: I'm re-running it again from the localhost now to see if it was only a one off thing.
                    Last edited by Matt_270581; Tue 14 Dec '04, 1:36am.

Comment

Try it with php4.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I tried it once more with my setup that I had PHP 5.0.*. Same prob.

and then downgraded PHP to 4.39 but it did the same thing. Just prints "Updating parent IDs" then after about 5 mins the browser says "done". It doesn't redirect back the menu.

Any Ideas?

Comment

Not at the moment no.

Now the parent id itself isn't imported and they will have to be updated after all the posts are importered, 200K + posts is going to take a little while though there is not reason that I can find for it hanging, I've run much bigger calls to update_post_parent_ids().

On 007.php there is a call to update_post_parent_ids() on line 186, if you comment out that block I take it that it runs fine ?
                          Last edited by Jerry; Fri 17 Dec '04, 4:33am.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I can give it a go.

What effects will that have on the final upgrade process though if I don't run it?

Comment

Yeah it worked fine. Continued on. I'm importing the Polls now.

Comment