• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have ssh access ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I can set it up, if neccessary. Can it be done via cpanel?

Comment

I'm thinking best to use the "file" command to check they are where php thinks they are.

then if that dosn't work rasie a support ticket and I'll have a look at it.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I don't know what the file command is. SSH is being set up.

I'll raise a support ticket. Thanks.

Art

Comment

I have some of the same problems as the first user. I had a source not found until I realized that on my system at least it wanted docroot not user root. Being that ibb2's upload dir was installed to /home/virtual/website_ext/home/user_name/mainwebsite_html/forums/uploads the impex script happily took "/forums/uploads"

The problem came in that it gets to attachement 59 and dies out of 214. I tried this with down to 25 at a time, and increased the PHP max memory up to 80M. Still dies on the same one, even if I do 1 at a time. As best I can tell there are indeed 214 files listed in the SQL and 214 files on the uploads dir. If I do 50 per time, when all is said and done it says 50 imported, 164 not. I don't see how this could be a corrupt DB but I am looking into the ibb's admin panel to do SQL checks. Please advise.. and yes I have SSH access if it comes down to it.

Comment

How is your vBulletin sotrage configured ?
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

As I had to have the board up immediantly, I will just post my finding maybe to help some other user or to encourage some bug-searching in impex for ibb2. I followed all advice such as leaving the old board on. Being someone keen to mysql and ibb2 I did some manual checks on the attachment tables (attachments and attachment types) and also ran all "check/repair" functions ibb2 admin panel had to offer. As best I could tell, and from the output of that, the DB was in fact fine (not corrupt). I could be wrong, and it may have just been fractionally corrupt and ibb2 was still happy enough with it to not see a problem. Having said all that, the juice parts :

All gif, ibf, jpg, jpeg, png were fine. Notice the ibf in particular, as this is a ibb2 meta file (correct term?). Which ones failed? *Only* files with ipb extension. I first tried wack-a-mole to determine which ones were problematic by comparing the sql table against where the failure was in sequence.. this worked for the most part but I felt I deleted some which were perfectly fine. At this point, having ssh access, I restored my uploads dir from a side backup. I then moved all of one extension until I had problems, which ended up with gif, ibf, jpg, jpeg, png (and a few of the same but with uppercase extensions) to a sub dir called "good". To check only a few files at a time I created another sub dir called "check" and moved all ipb files to it. In small groups I pulled some files from "check" into the main upload dirs. If the attachment scan finished (although there will be plenty of source not found errors -- ignore) then those ipb files are good and move them to "good"; repeated this process until then end, moving problematic files into a "delete" sub dir. Again, although you could wack the last file mentioned in the impex script until it carries on.. but that seems a bit unsystematic and I didn't want to risk having more files not survive the upgrade than need be.

In the end I had 65 ipb files which were fine (even to impex) and 10 which were not able to be converted -- despite those files not producing errors from ibb2's point of view. I have kept these uncovertable files to later look at so that I might can save whatever information (or at least update those threads with a nice message about how the attachment didn't survive upgrade so no one gets an error).

I'm not entirely sure why those files are problematic and this may not be helpful to the impex maintainer without knowing what is in it and the SQL references to it, but at least maybe it will help a user mull through the impex module scans. If I can think of anything useful to post I will reply to this thread later on.

Comment

Which system are you talking about importing from ? This is a phpBB2 thread and you talk about ipb, I'm a little confused now
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Did I post in the wrong thread? Doh.. I was looking at 2 similiar threads -- must have closed the wrong one. Feel free to move/delete.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X