Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB attachment import

Hi all,
    I am converting from phpBB 2.0.10 to vb 3.0.3. Everything has gone well in my test-run except I cannot import the attachments. I have updated the counters, chmodded my folder to 777, and still nothing. The menu says that 61 attachments failed (also, I know that I have more files than that). Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thank you,
    Candice

Does import attachments module say "Source file not found" a lot on the page where it tried to import them OR "Found attachment and DID NOT imported ......."
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hi Jerry,
      It says source file not found. But I'm sure that I have the path right.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

And the web server has read permissions to that directory and your not putting a slash on the end of the path ? full path that is not relative path.

Do you have ssh access ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

And the web server has read permissions to that directory
          I have chmodded the directory to 777...is that what you mean?

I have entered the full path without a trailing slash.

I do not have ssh access.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Candycane
            I have chmodded the directory to 777...is that what you mean?

I have entered the full path without a trailing slash.

I do not have ssh access.

Thanks.
            Well for it to say source file not found, its the filename in the database and the path that it uses. So either it's not there, there is a typo or its not allowed to read it.

The chmod should take care of the reading and the filename in the database is always correct from what I've seen. So if you are 100% sure the path is correct (and no slash) , then its going to take some investigating .

Are you entering the full path so something like :

/home/Candycane/public_html/phpBB/uploads

etc and not the path relative to your home dir for instance ?
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thank you! I didn't know that was the full path. I was using the web address. Sorry for the bother...I'm a newbie.

Comment

One more thing. It still only imported 61 attachments and I have 6949 attachments on my phpBB board.

Edited to add that the attachments that are supposedly imported aren't showing up anyways.
                Last edited by Candycane; Sun 12 Dec '04, 6:10pm.

Comment

Do you have access to the phpBB database ?

There should be a table called : phpbb_attachments_desc

That will tell impex how many there are and where they are.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hi Jerry,
                    There are 6950 rows in that table. And the 61 that were imported successfully are still not showing (I checked permissions, etc.). Sorry about this, I'm sure that it's something silly.

Comment

So if you take a random selection of the file name in that table, they are all in the directory ?

There are 6950 files in the upload dir ?

Does the importer go through lots of pages of trying to import and fails on 6789 of them , or does it just do one page of 61 ?
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hi Jerry,
                        Thank you so much for your support. Coming from phpBB, I have been so impressed with everything vB so far!

Yes, all of the files appear to be in that table. I clicked through the multiple pages and the file names are there. Yes, there are 6950 files in the upload directory.

The importer only goes through one page of 61.

Comment

Hi Jerry,
                          Thank you so much for your support. Coming from phpBB, I have been so impressed with everything vB so far!
                          Good to hear

Yes, all of the files appear to be in that table. I clicked through the multiple pages and the file names are there. Yes, there are 6950 files in the upload directory.
                          Ok so the descriptions are there and the files are there, and the path must be ok or it wouldn't be getting the 61 files that it is ....

Are there 6900+ entries in the attachments table as there is in the attachments_desc table ?

The importer only goes through one page of 61.
                          How many are you telling it to do per page, 100 ?

It gets the ids from the attachments table then goes to the attachments_desc table to find the details for each one it finds.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yes, I have 13086 entries in the attachments table.

I have asked the imported to do 100 per page.

Comment

Ok, I'm going to need to have a look behind the scenes to debug what is going on here and why ImpEx isn't picking up all the other attachmenets.

Could you please use this form

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

and put in your admincp details so I can have a look.

Thanks
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X