phpBB import prob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB import prob.

I'm having a issue when I'm importing my board from phpbb2. Everything seems to work right, but it makes all the users Forums Admins instead of just registed users. Is there a way I can fix this?

Its putting them into the adminstrator usergroup?

Comment

Correct

Comment

Into usergorup 6? or into a custom usergroup?

Comment

Also, I have tried to move them all 2 another group but it wont let me move Admins.

Comment

6 , not a custom group.

Comment

This will be tricky but you can move all Admins to the Registered groiup by running this query:

UPDATE user SET usergroupid=2 WHERE usergroupid=6;

The tricky part is that this will move you and any other legitimate Admins as well. You can then use phpMyAdmin to manually edit the usergroupid for your account in the user table back to '6' to restore your Admin status.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

where to i go to run the query, do i do it in the address bar or in phpmyadmin?

Comment

I would do it in the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Worked, Thanks very much for you quick responce

Comment

Can confirm this was a bug, sorted now, all the users now go into a customer user group to be sorted out from there.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X