Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dacho
    replied
    10x

The his poor me to thank and congratulate your you on your courtesy.

I wasn't able to do this, without your courteous help all the respect and thousands of softly theron

confess you fragrant and in the name every the friends of my forum.

David E. & all of members forum

Leave a comment:

• Matt_270581
    replied
    Originally posted by dacho
    and how will that help?
    Why don't you ask your host to uncomment the php_mssql.dll extension in the php.ini.

Simple

Leave a comment:

• Mosaicvb
    replied
    Thanks Jerry!
    The importer works great!

For those of us without MS Sql support activated in PHP.
    Goto:
    http://phprpms.sourceforge.net/mssql
    Contains paths to RHEL and Fedora RPMs that will activate mssql without recompiling PHP.

for RHEL 3 installs

freetds-0.62.4-1.i386.rpm
    php-mssql-4.3.2-14.ent.1.i386.rpm

Install the 2 RPMs

check your server for mssql.so
    Probably in the /usr/lib/php4

edit your /usr/local/lib/php.ini
    add the following line :
    extension=mssql.so

make sure you also point
    extension_dir = /usr/lib/php4

Restart Apache.

Your golden!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    In windows you can uncomment the items in php.ini for loading moduals, and then once you restart the webserver, php will now have access to said module

Leave a comment:

• dacho
    replied
    and how will that help?

and how will that help?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    However you can go and uncomment the mssql.dll in php.ini and restart IIS or apache

Leave a comment:

• dacho
    replied
    so how about showing some grace?

and assist us in the import stage, by executing the IMP from one of your servers?

do note: I am the host provider, and I can't compile php on a live server

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You can compile php for windows, but windows lacks a standard compiler unlike most nix systems do, so they provide a binary. PHP can be run one of several ways, CGI Fast CGI, an apache module and an ISAPI filter, if you are on windows with IIS it needs to be run as CGI fast CGI or ISAPI, the bets for the job is ISAPI.

However in the windows configuration you can load and unload modules abit easier, while php does not come bundled with mssql support i can be eabled in php.ini for windows by uncommenting the line and adding the libs where approaite.

This is an issue with the hosts configuration of php and not vBulletin, vBulletin will run in the enviroment as it does not need mssql support 99% of the time except in the importer.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Can you please do what I suggested in post #16 so we can look at your PHP configuration info?

Leave a comment:

• dacho
    replied
    the problem with vbulletin

Allow me to repeat myself.
    PHP for windows comes as BINARY (you cannot compile it)
    we cannot compile the PHP on shared server (there are too many websites on it, and it might cause downtime to them)

it is weird for me that we need to change the configuration of the server for a forum and not vise versa.

furturemore, the PHP (binary) for windows (as I belive) should come with support for mssql.

as I see it there are 3 possible solutions.
    a. using the windows copy to import to the mysql that sits on the linux (which is doesn't work at the moment) or maybe replacing the mssql_connect with ODBC.

b. allow you to do the import (which will take you less then writing a reply if you have this php compiled with the mssql support)

c. giving up using the VBulletin (before starting to use it)

Please advice.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    In the vBulletin Admin CP, click on vBulletin Options and open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    we've created on the windows where the SQL SERVER is located, an account with all the forum's files.
    we've tried to convert the webwiz to remote mysql (that is being used by the real forum that sits on the linux server)
    and still we've got the same error.
    now the PHP that comes for windows (as binary only ofcourse) is with mssql support.
    Install on the windows server that has the mssql support in the php binary, then move the site to the linux machine once it is installed.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Dear Jerry / Support.

We did more than that.
    we've created on the windows where the SQL SERVER is located, an account with all the forum's files.
    we've tried to convert the webwiz to remote mysql (that is being used by the real forum that sits on the linux server)
    now the PHP that comes for windows (as binary only ofcourse) is with mssql support.

what i recommend is either you can provide us a convert tool that works.
    or either we can supply you both connection strings for mssql and mysql and you can do the convert via your server that supports somehow in the mssql in the php.

Thanks
    Ofir
    The importer works fine, I've used it many times.

You must have mssql support in php.

I would suggest compiling php with mssql support, that way it will be able to connect to a mssql database.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dacho
    replied
    doesn't works either

Dear Jerry / Support.

We did more than that.

what i recommend is either you can provide us a convert tool that works.
    or either we can supply you both connection strings for mssql and mysql and you can do the convert via your server that supports somehow in the mssql in the php.

Thanks
    Ofir

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X