X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by bottesini
    I just bought Vb yesterday, be gentle with me.
    Sorry me bad
    Last edited by Jerry; Thu 9 Dec '04, 7:37am.

Leave a comment:

• bottesini
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    Yes, best to review what has gone on before assuming that something hasn't.
    I just bought Vb yesterday, be gentle with me.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Yes, mod_rewrite works fine for those situations, often.
    Indeed and this is external to the import and can't be sorted by impex for you.

Is it safe to remove those import_xx rows when all works fine?
    As long as you will never need them again, vBulletin doesn't require them, they are created by impex for the import only.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I'd use cleaner.php for that and :

ImpExDatabase::get_posts_ids().
    ImpExDatabase::get_threads_ids()

Then you you can saw the postid's and threadid's. It would take 2 look ups for the arrays and 2 regex's to swap out the id's.

Ah, I did not even look at the tables yet The logic I was seeking was is there. Good stuff.
    Yes, best to review what has gone on before assuming that something hasn't.

Leave a comment:

• bottesini
    replied
    Internal link parsing ......

Yes this has come up a few times, I'm not sure what you mean by there isn't any logic with the post id's. the postid is the new one and the importpostid is the old one, all the information is there, I've swapped them all over before with a modified cleaner.php
    Ah, I did not even look at the tables yet The logic I was seeking was is there. Good stuff.

There is a function in dev in ImpEx to sort this out, though its not 100% there yet do to the url parsing that has to be done for all the boards. Its a two pass tokeniser.
    I think I'll just write a little script to replace all posts having text

PHP Code:
    "viewtopic={$importpostid}
    with

PHP Code:
    "showthread={$postid}
    plus map the old/new relations to some text file for future reference and forget about links coming from outside.

Well importing is one thing, changing every public and incomming link on the whole net is something quite diffrent.
    Yes, mod_rewrite works fine for those situations, often.

Is it safe to remove those import_xx rows when all works fine?
    Last edited by bottesini; Thu 9 Dec '04, 7:15am.

Leave a comment:

• mzakonia
    replied
    ok mr jerry isent you on private message
    because i upload it on my computer to my site wait me 3 to 5 hours

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I would need a copy of the database to debug that importer for sub forums, as of yet i've not got a test database that has subforums, I can see how its done, thogh I'd need to test it.

Leave a comment:

• mzakonia
    replied
    yes ihave forum vb3 but i try of free data base because i love learning

Leave a comment:

• mzakonia
    replied
    For the phpBB importer ?

You are showing as unlisenced, though you have a vB3 board, could you please contact [email protected] to register.
    yes ican import all phpbb to vb3 but sub forum not move

for example

_______arab forum
    ____smsm
    __ahmed

ahmed forum not move

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by mzakonia
    and me the impex could not turn sub forum
    For the phpBB importer ?

You are showing as unlisenced, though you have a vB3 board, could you please contact [email protected] to register.

Leave a comment:

• mzakonia
    replied
    and me the impex could not move sub forum to vb3
    Last edited by mzakonia; Thu 9 Dec '04, 6:58am.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Internal link parsing ......

Yes this has come up a few times, I'm not sure what you mean by there isn't any logic with the post id's. the postid is the new one and the importpostid is the old one, all the information is there, I've swapped them all over before with a modified cleaner.php

There is a function in dev in ImpEx to sort this out, though its not 100% there yet do to the url parsing that has to be done for all the boards. Its a two pass tokeniser.

Also any links to my forum from outside will go to wrong posts or fail.
    Well importing is one thing, changing every public and incomming link on the whole net is something quite diffrent.

You will need to set up a re-direct to the new board for that.

Leave a comment:

• bottesini
    started a topic phpbb 2 import: id's do not match

phpbb 2 import: id's do not match

After phpbbb 2 import (to empty Vb 3.03) Vb got all in just fine, except that post id's do not match any more. This creates a BIG problem on my board where we have lots of posts which have links referring to other posts. Also any links to my forum from outside will go to wrong posts or fail.

I would love to write an link index converter (search db and replace id's and scriptname in all internal links) but there is no logic in old -> new id scheme.

phpbb Vb
    45038 -> 43284
    46109 -> 44320
    01289 -> 01222

I wrote once an tforum -> phpbb importer which preserved all id's so I know it can be done. So, what can I do to get this right? Is there a switch to preserver id's in IMPEX? Ways to alter importer?

Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X