Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying vbulletin

Hi,
    Just a couple of questions before I buy a full license.

1. Can I convert my existing database which is PunBB to the new forum, enabling me to keep my registered users and posts.

2. How easy is it to have my own header at the top of the forum that has my site main navigation links.

Regards,

Richie

1. What is PunBB, I have never heard of it, however it is possible to request a converter if we do not have one for the software yet.

2. Very easy all templates are mostly html and some php varibles, to change the header it requires edting the header templates

Comment

Thanks for the reply. PunBB is at punbb.org

With the header issue, my site is centered at 800 pixels wide. The header also contains some javascript for the navigation menu and banner ads. Will this all be possible.

Also I will be building the site on one domain and then moving it to another once it is ready to go live. Am I able to do this.

The old domain will be removed on change over.
      Last edited by richiepearce; Thu 9 Dec '04, 4:06am. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

vBulletin is capable of opperating at a fixed or dynamic width. As long as your javascript plays nicely with vB's there shouldnt be a problem

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo

Give it a shot

Comment

Also I will be building the site on one domain and then moving it to another once it is ready to go live. Am I able to do this.

The old domain will be removed on change over.

Comment

Yes, as long is there is only one live copy of the forums its fine.

Comment

OK, I think I will purchase later today. How soon can a converter be completed.

Comment

It depends on a few things including test data for the importer to be developed on.

You should drop a PM to Jerry so you can sort out test data and anything else.

Comment

Thanks Zachery.

Comment

Importer done.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment