Problem running IMPEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem running IMPEX

I'm getting the following error message when I try to run IMPEX from the Admin console:
    Code:
    [b]Fatal error[/b]:  Call to undefined function:  mssql_connect() in [b]D:\..\wwwroot\v2\forum\impex\db_mysql.php[/b] on line [b]54[/b]
    Line 54 reads:
    Code:
    $this->msconnect=mssql_connect($server, $user, $password);
    I've edited and double-checked the settings in ImpExConfig.php and all is well.

I'm trying to import a Snitz forum from MS SQL to vBulletin running MySQL. Any ideas what might be wrong?
    BigBlueBall for everything about instant messaging
    GetGamer to get gamer news, reviews and gear

Do you have MS-SQL support in your compile of php ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Good question. I don't see any mention of MS-SQL when I run phpinfo. I guess that means no?

I'm on a shared server right now, so I don't have control over what support is included. What other options can you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by GetGamer.com
        Good question. I don't see any mention of MS-SQL when I run phpinfo. I guess that means no?

I'm on a shared server right now, so I don't have control over what support is included. What other options can you suggest?
        Eek, ummmm, can you get a copy of the database, do you have access to the MSSQL manager to detach the database and take a copy of the data files for the tables ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I can run MS-SQL Enterprise Manager and replicate the database, but not from here (behind the corporate firewall). I can do it in a few hours from home. Note, the database is currently about 150 MB.

You want me to export as what... .SQL? Then what? Will I be able to import from that using the file system?

Comment

What I'm thinking is :

If you can detatch the database and make a copy of the files, get a copy to me, I can extend the Snitz importer to include MY-SQL as it only supports MySQL currently and at the same time do your import.

That way you get the import done and I get to extend an importer.

Though that would depend on your data security requirments etc.

Best to contact support via the memebers area or email [email protected] and ask for me to get that sorted, if you are intrested.

Other wise export your database to an access database and I can convert that to MySQL SQL format, which is the fastest option.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I will attempt to copy the database to a local MS SQL Server, then I can detach it from there. I'll do so tonight -- it will be a large file. Send me a PM or email and let me know how to get it to you.

This is just a test run at this point. I'm planning to convert over on New Years Eve, and am trying to keep downtime to a minimum. Hopefully this will help you extend the importer. I'm perfectly willing to help test as much as I can. There aren't many Snitz forums this size, so it's a pretty rigorous test.

Comment

Working, mostly

The conversion has worked, mostly. You can view the results at http://www.hisbuddyicons.com/forum/index.php

I had to use a different domain for testing because my current server is running Windows and doesn't allow me to run programs on it (like MySQL). I tried importing using MySQLAdmin but it never successfully imported the 60 MB .sql file.

My workaround was to create a test forum on one of my Linux servers. As you'll see the data came across with a few anomalies:

1. Passwords aren't recognized. I was able to request a password reset and get a new password, but this will be a major PITA for most users. Is this normal?

2. Polls were converted to normal topics (no poll options). This forum was nothing but polls, but you'll see they were all converted to regular topics.

3. The smilie import module failed. I don't have the Snitz smilie mod installed (I'm just using the default smilies), so the table doesn't exist.

4. There are a number of formatting codes that did not convert cleanly, leaving HTML debris littering many posts.

On the bright side, it looks like all the forums, topics, members and moderators came across cleanly.

Comment

1. Passwords aren't recognized. I was able to request a password reset and get a new password, but this will be a major PITA for most users. Is this normal?
                  Yes, they can't be imported due to the way they are stored in Snitz, there is nothing at all that can be done about this, the users will have to request a new password.

2. Polls were converted to normal topics (no poll options). This forum was nothing but polls, but you'll see they were all converted to regular topics.
                  I will attempt an import with your data to see where the polls are going.

3. The smilie import module failed. I don't have the Snitz smilie mod installed (I'm just using the default smilies), so the table doesn't exist.
                  Well if its not there it won't be able to import them.

4. There are a number of formatting codes that did not convert cleanly, leaving HTML debris littering many posts.
                  The <font> tags should of been parsed out as they are in snitz_html(), though there is usally some HTML left over from non BB code boards, this is what impex/tools/cleaner.php is for.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

That is a shame about the passwords. Is there really no way to do it? What if I could unencrypt the passwords before I exported the Snitz database?

Part of the problem with Snitz is that most of the features like polls and the smilie manager are MODs and are not included in the base package. Depending on what version of a particular MOD someone has installed, the import results will be unpredictable.

When I do the import, the smilie import is the final module. Is there anything that happens AFTER that module is run? I just stopped at that point. Everything was in the database, but after looking more closely there were a few things that weren't quite right.

The users were all members of the "imported_users" usergroup rather than the "registered_members." I deleted the imported_users usergroup and this moved them all to the registered_members.

I just took a look at Cleaner. I'll compile a list of codes that need cleaning and give it a run a bit later.
                    Last edited by GetGamer.com; Thu 9 Dec '04, 6:58am.

Comment

Have you read and followed all the steps in the HOWTO ?
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Yes, I had printed that out for reference. There are a few things that I just wasn't sure about. I kind of expected some sort of message saying "import complete!" or similar. I sorted it out though.

Comment

....."import complete!" .....
                          Ok, though its very hard to have something like that because they alwawys need a bit of clean up and tweaking afterwards, forum permissions, cleaner.php etc
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Dedicated server now ready for 2nd import test

We've got our new dedicated server setup, and have MS SQL support installed for PHP so we can test the import from MS SQL to MySQL.

vBulletin installs perfectly (of course), but I have problems with ImpEx. I'm able to connect to the MS SQL database, because the first module sees the existing tables, but I get the following message for ALL of the tables:

FORUM_A_REPLY NOT found or a non standard table
                            FORUM_A_TOPICS NOT found or a non standard table...

and so on for all of the tables.

Any clues?

EDIT: I just realized that snitz\000.php is written for a Snitz MySQL database, not MS SQL. Is there a version for MS SQL?
                            Last edited by GetGamer.com; Tue 21 Dec '04, 3:00pm.

Comment

Make sure you have your table prefix correct in the Impex config page for the Source DB.

Eg: Your tables may be named snitz_forum_a_reply and not just forum_a_reply.

Therefore you would need to set your source tbl prefix in IMpexconfig to snitz_

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X