No announcement yet.

Problem running IMPEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My prefixes are correct, but thanks for the suggestion. I've already done the import once (first exporting to Access, then converting to a .SQL script, then....it's a long story). This is the first attempt with a direct connection to MS SQL.
    BigBlueBall for everything about instant messaging
    GetGamer to get gamer news, reviews and gear

Comment

Hmm ok. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by GetGamer.com
        Is there a version for MS SQL?
        Currently no, if I could get some test data I would extend the current one, though that wouldn't be till mid january now.

Do you have ImpEx version 1.42 or lower ? Because it checks if you have MSSQL support or not before running now.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

The Access database I sent you earlier this month was exported from the very same MS SQL database. I need to find a solution that will let me do the import myself before New Year's Eve. I'm committed to switching over on Dec. 31st.

Comment

You should be able to import from a converted version of that database to MySQL, use the exsisting Snitz importer and set the database type to mysql for the source.

Or I can convert a fresh access database to MySQL if that will help ?
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I'd like to be able to run the import myself to minimize downtime. I sent you a PM describing what I think my options are.

EDIT: I'm going to try using Microsoft DTS to export the MS SQL data to a MySQL database, and then use the standard ImpEx Snitz-MySQL import modules.

For reference: http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/...microsoft.html
              Last edited by GetGamer.com; Wed 22 Dec '04, 8:50am.

Comment

Originally posted by GetGamer.com
                EDIT: I'm going to try using Microsoft DTS to export the MS SQL data to a MySQL database, and then use the standard ImpEx Snitz-MySQL import modules.

For reference: http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/...microsoft.html
                Will be interesting to see how that goes. I will do the MSSQL version, though this might solve the issue right now.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X