Clear All

• kermit_criminal
    replied
    thank you, much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by kermit_criminal
    like for example in phphbb when you delete any given forum(general NFL), it gives you the option to dump or move data/threads from deleted forum over to another forum(Chicago Bears). is that possible for vbulletin?

also ... thanks for the answer in the 2nd question
    You can just move all the threads, then delete the forum :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/threads_move

Leave a comment:

• kermit_criminal
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry
    You organsie the board after the import as you want it to be, the importer can't do that.

To import from vBulletin3->vBulletin3 and have that happen, you must of imported, removed the id's then imported again, I'd guess.

I would suggest restoring the original target database then doing the import again, or use the database clean up link at the top of the impex page and deleting all the imported data then trying again. Then rearrange the board as you want it.

like for example in phphbb when you delete any given forum(general NFL), it gives you the option to dump or move data/threads from deleted forum over to another forum(Chicago Bears). is that possible for vbulletin?

also ... thanks for the answer in the 2nd question

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    ok thanks, i did the merge and there are two issues...

1. how do i dump everything from one forum to another, meaning how do i merge everything from "the lounge" with the "general discussion board". or the "vbulletin pre-sales questions" board with the "vBulletin 3 Import System" board for example?
    You organsie the board after the import as you want it to be, the importer can't do that.

2. somehow everything i imported came up doubled, meaning two of each user imported, forum, user ranks etc... what does this mean and how do i correct it?
    To import from vBulletin3->vBulletin3 and have that happen, you must of imported, removed the id's then imported again, I'd guess.

I would suggest restoring the original target database then doing the import again, or use the database clean up link at the top of the impex page and deleting all the imported data then trying again. Then rearrange the board as you want it.

Leave a comment:

• kermit_criminal
    replied
    ok thanks, i did the merge and there are two issues...

1. how do i dump everything from one forum to another, meaning how do i merge everything from "the lounge" with the "general discussion board". or the "vbulletin pre-sales questions" board with the "vBulletin 3 Import System" board for example?

2. somehow everything i imported came up doubled, meaning two of each user imported, forum, user ranks etc... what does this mean and how do i correct it?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    what i mean is what is the actual procedure for doing so?
    You match the userid of the source board to the target board.

Thats only if you want them associated though and if they have the same email address skip that module and use the auto-email merge in the import user module as that will merge the users based on email address.

Leave a comment:

• kermit_criminal
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    It means that you want certain users on your current forum to be merged with certain users on the forum you are importing.
    what i mean is what is the actual procedure for doing so?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It means that you want certain users on your current forum to be merged with certain users on the forum you are importing.

Leave a comment:

• kermit_criminal
    replied
    sorry if i sound stupid, but what does it mean to associate a user

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You associate users on your current vB forum with the same users on the forum you are importing. If this is a brand new installation, then there should only be one you need to associate - you.

Leave a comment:

• kermit_criminal
    started a topic assiciation process manually?

assiciation process manually?

Currently the assosiation is a manual process, how do i go about doing this? i am currently stuck on action # 001 with impex import system. i am importing vb3 data into my vb3 forum and cant get post Associate User module... any ideas? i searched for the answer here but maybe someone can help with the correct keywords