No announcement yet.

UBB.threads™ 6.4 to vBullletin 3.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have added a size check to impex now and put that in the ubb_threads module so you can set a limit of the size of avatar to import, note this is the raw byte size and not dimension.

Biography

Have changed that to use the default vBulletin one now opposed to creating a duplicate.

Homepage

URLs are now parsed to ensure that they are prepended with http://

all in version 1.35
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I am 99.9% happy with the Impex now and after some more testing will do the real move over the weekend. Two minor issues I just noticed though....

Avatars - Under UBB the avatar was a URL to any image hosted anywhere on the internet OR you may upload an image in the CP. If you upload the image had to match the avatar requirements (file size and pixels) if you simply link to an external image nothing gets checked. So a user could enter the URL to an image they found in googles Image search taht was 1000 pixels wide and 2MB large, then when the forum calls it it simply calls the URL and displays it in the 80x80 or whatever defined space. It reseizes the image and disregards filesize. If the image gets hosted by some other webserver/site they will get hit with x amount of hits. Now when importing I just now imported some of these large images and it become a problem as they get displayed large on top of those users posts and profiles....so the avatar import is not 100% useable and at this point i'll simply ask my users to reset there avatars.

Userfileds - Under UBB there is one field called U_Name, its the real name of a user...if you could include that, nice. if not I'll try to patch 004.php myself.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus
        There was a lot of talk about what to do about that as with remote hosting you don't have the controll over the image size and rez thogh you can't limit the display arera with the HTML as you said. Also what can be done has to balanced with what is reasonable with an import as if there were 10,000 users and you were downloading/measuring/resizing every avatar that would cause a huge amount of issues.

Limiting on size and then having an admin/moderator intervien after the import for users that had the big images seemed the best way, as there is always some clean up after an import.

Originally posted by klaus
        Userfileds - Under UBB there is one field called U_Name....
        Done.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X