Admin duplicated when importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin duplicated when importing

When I install a fresh copy of VB it will ask me to set up myself as Admin, but then when I import it also imports me (admin) from the old board so I am now doubled but with a post count of 0 of course. What is the normal way to handle that situation?
    Do not click this link... you may save hundreds on your auto insurance.

Merge the two accounts

AdminCP > Users > Merge Users >

Merge allows you to join two user accounts into one single account. The source account will be combined into the destination account.

Posts, threads, calendar events, private messages, post count, reputation, buddylist and ignorelist will be combined.

The combined user will still have the same permissions that the destination user had to begin with. Any access masks or moderator ability that the source user had will not be transferred.

So

Source username : Old username from last board
    Destination username: New username from this board

Comment

OK, I get this error: "The source and destination users can not be identical" so looks like I have to rename one of them before I do this as they are both the same. I want to keep the post count of the old admin so should I rename the Destination username and then merge?

Comment

The imported user, if they did have the exact same names should be

imported_username and your new one username

Is this not true?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          The imported user, if they did have the exact same names should be

imported_username and your new one username

Is this not true?
          Yep, just looked at that and that is true.

Comment

Then use

Source username : imported_username
            Destination username: username

Comment

Oh man, now I get this: Sorry, this user is protected from being altered in the config.php file by the $undeletableusers variable.

Comment

In config.php remove any userid's that are in undeleteableusers setting

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                  In config.php remove any userid's that are in undeleteableusers setting
                  Cool, worked great.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X